• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Firestar

Custom in progress...

After being hounded by my daughter for almost a year, I broke down and have startled to tackle some of those redhead starlet super heroines.

The first one is a re-root Famous Covers Black Widow head. For some reason they gave her brown hair. Odd

The suit is designed by me. Pretty basic. Still tweaking her. Probably touch up the eyes a bit. They seem not centered.

I tried to capture the boot/costume feeling that Firestar has. By combining the look where her boots are apart of the leg piece.

The body is a tweaked CTVT's female body. With the things are with today's economy it is much easier to buy those in a bundle and fix them up for the price you get female bodies elsewhere. Firestar still seems a little "hippy" but I am going to fix that.

Still not sure what I am going to do with the outfit. I tried to make it look like it was "on fire" by applying fabric paint to a yellow body suit. The flash makes her look starkly. I am still in the process of touching it up.

Adjusting some color scheme for an effect trying to make her look like she is radiating her microwave heat energy slowly....

Last edited by Cosmicman; Nov 28, '09, 12:35 PM. Reason: Wrong area. Should be in custom in progress.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • bobws
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 13, 2008

I like your take on Firestar, makes me want to make one myself. I am getting a redhead in from an ebay win, but it was gonna be Marvel Girl. But i'm going to have to put Firestar on my short list to try, after all i did get a canon fodder Dinah in last week. Now hopefully later today i either get a new cheap laptop or a digital camera to post my work. be kind!
    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Alberto Malnati
      low tech animal
      • Nov 30, 2002

hullo..cool firestar Cat...if i can..for the kind of colours you use..they give a nice "gummy" feel to the bodysuit...but..i think they should fit bretter if you'll use thighter bodysuit on the figure...that to avoid fold effects
      BIRD LIVES!!!
      ciao Al

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Alberto Malnati
        hullo..cool firestar Cat...if i can..for the kind of colours you use..they give a nice "gummy" feel to the bodysuit...but..i think they should fit bretter if you'll use thighter bodysuit on the figure...that to avoid fold effects
        Yeah. I am thinking about replacing the suit with just a regular bodysuit. I always try to take it up a notch and be crafty. LOL
        I thought adding fabric paint to the yellow body suit would add a flare to it. The reason it sparkles so much is because of the flash of the camera. It really doesn't do that when just sitting on the shelf.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎