Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else want to see The Question versus Two Face?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Anyone else want to see The Question versus Two Face?

I don't know if folks around here feel about the new female version of The Question, but I'm pretty excited about certain possibilities.

The Renee Montoya/Two Face stuff from No Man's Land and Gotham Central are excellent. Particularly now that Renee is The Question. I'm looking forward to seeing the new No-Face and Two-Face Facing off.

I'm hoping Harvey will show up in the upcoming Bible of Crime miniseries.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I liked Steve Ditko's version of the Question over at Charlton but I've never cared for his DC appearances...and the Montoya version doesn't phase me in the least...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

The Question's a chick now?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• brineb
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 26, 2006

That's an interesting idea ... I enjoyed Renee in Gotham Central, I'm still a little unsure about her as the Question, but I'll give it time. I do wonder if they will more or less forget her past or more likely ignore it while they make her and Batwoman a couple.
        I also play with other dolls:
        http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah Vic Sage died in "52" and Montoya took over his role as the Question....

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            The Question's a chick now?
            Renee Montoya. Like Harley Quinn, a character that originated in Batman TAS.

Fear not. The Question as envisioned by Ditko still lives on Earth 4/Charleton now, unsullied by the likes of Denny O'Neil and Greg Rucka. As does Ted Kord as Blue Beetle. DC's way of having their cake and eating it too. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Challengers of the Beyond, Jimmy Olson, The Authority or The Sinestro Corps run across them in their travels.
            Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 20, '07, 4:39 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              Yeah Vic Sage died in "52" and Montoya took over his role as the Question....
              *** is wrong with leaving stuff that ain't broke alone??
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

^ Obviously DC didn't know how to handle the character so they killed him off all for the chance of pushing Montoya into the spotlight. Actually that sounds like something Marvel would do...

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

*** is wrong with leaving stuff that ain't broke alone??
                  Depends on what you mean by "broke". I'm sure if the last two Question series that DC launched starring Vic Sage (not to mention team-up books like his pairing with Huntress, and The LAW) had the sales behind it, he would be alive an well in the "New Earth" DCU. Denny O'Neil's version in the eighties was more of a critical success rather than something that topped the sales charts. Even Ditko's orginal wasn't within it's own ongoing (other than the one-shot) and you can count the number of issues in his run on your fingers.

The biggest financial success The Question has ever been for DC is in the form of Rorschach.

Keep in mind DC has a history of successfully recreating dormant properties in new incarnations, like Sandman and Starman, which continue to earn them $$$ as trade paperbacks and potential film/TV options.

I know I'm looking forward to the Crime Bible miniseries, but then again I'm a huge fan of Greg Rucka's Queen and Country.

I'm sure if the Montoya incarnation of The Question does not sell the funny books, Vic will eventually come back. However things look pretty strong for her given the fact that she's launching out of the hugely successful 52.

I mean who'd of thought a few years ago that Booster Gold would have been a hit relaunching as an ongoing?
                  Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 21, '07, 1:55 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ If DC took a cue from Bruce Timm, Vic Sage would be alive and well. JLU handled him right, basically ripping off Rorschach for the animated version.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

^^^ If DC took a cue from Bruce Timm, Vic Sage would be alive and well. JLU handled him right, basically ripping off Rorschach for the animated version.
                      If only Dwayne McDuffie arrived on JLA sooner! JLU Writer/Producer McDuffie wrote the excellent episode "Queston Authority".

LOVED Jeffrey "The Re-Animator" Combs creepy vocal performance.

You are right though, the JLU incarnation does owe more to Alan Moore than Ditko that's for sure.

I'm sure DC has a reason for introducing Earth 4/Charlton. I don't doubt we'll be seeing Vic Sage again in those trappings.

Anyone read the Denny O'Neil Helltown novel featuring The Question? I'm trying to find some time to get into it.

I'd actually love to see Rucka tackle a Vic Sage Question novelization.

Do other folks have a favourite incarnation of The Question? What creative team would you put on the character?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I really enjoyed the O'Neil/Cowan run. I wonder how much the Moore Rorschach version owes to Ditko's actual personality. A bit paranoid, and extreme political views?

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

The JLU version is really the only one I got into. They did a good job of styradling the genius detective with the paranoid loon.

I actually liked the swith to Montoya in 52. The way the writer had them awkwardly bond convincingly led to her taking over the role. Besides, she has a hot girlfriend.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎