X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

Trying to finish and need some help

I've trying to finish a custom figure but I'm having trouble putting on the gloves and boots.I got the gloves on but they're not even and I can't even get the boots on at all.I bought everything from Cast-A-Way Toy(except for the emblem) and I e-mailed Dave and I haven't heard anything from him so far.If anybody has any ideas on how to put them on I would greatly appreciate your input.Also,I can't figure out on how to make the shoulder pads with the cape attached to the pads in the back.If you have any ideas or you could make them for me,let me know.Thanks for any help you can give me and Dave if your out there let me know what to do about the gloves and the boots.

• Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

I'd try craft foam for the shoulder pads, it's easy to cut to any shape and you could glue the cape to it.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

The boots and gloves can be a bit hard to put on.

If you have a hair dryer, try heating them up with it set on 'low'.

You won't have to do it for very long, just until the rubber softens up a bit, then you can slip them on.
      JediJaida

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've heard of folks using a little baby powder in the boots and gloves. Might work. Won't make too big a mess if it doesn't.

Don C.

Comment

• stuart
          Hi-Yo Silver Away!
          • Jun 18, 2007

Try a dab of K.Y. jelly

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

A little bit of talcum powder helps too.

Comment

• saildog
              Permanent Member
              • Apr 9, 2006

A suggestion about the gloves:
              I've looked at the stuff from Castaway and I kind of thought when I get around to doing a custom, I'd rather use the colored hands matched with gauntlets instead of going with the gloves. It would still look like the glove, but would look more natural.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Or just cut the sleeves and pants a little shorter, so the gloves and boots don't have to cover the hands and feet AND fabric as well
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

^ That'd be my suggestion as well.....
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• dreddbatfan
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Oct 3, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    The boots and gloves can be a bit hard to put on.

If you have a hair dryer, try heating them up with it set on 'low'.

You won't have to do it for very long, just until the rubber softens up a bit, then you can slip them on.
                    As you can tell by the following images your tip with the hair dryer worked great.It didn't take long once they were heated up both the boots and the one glove that was lower than the other slipped right on.The hard part after that was getting the jumpsuit tucked in both the glove and boots.I used a letter opener to get the material in being carefull not to poke any holes in the material.A suggestion to Dave and Jason from Cast-A-Way Toys is to make both the gloves and boots a little bigger to compensate for the thickness of the jumpsuit material.Thanks again for the tip and to everyone who suggested them.I'm hoping to get the shoulder pads and cape done soon then I'll post the final figure on the Finished Customs section.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

D'oh! I should have thought of that.

Next time, use a really tiny steel crochet hook, or, if that is too girly for you, get a package of bamboo barbecue skewers and use one of them.

Or, use a bit of tape around the leg to keep the material in place.
                      JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎