X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Booster Gold

Picked up the new "Booster Gold" today and I'm glad to see him back in his own series....looks interesting with all of the time travel stuff involved. The last page was a glimpse ahead (similar to what they did in another Geoff Johns scripted title' Justice Society of America")...looks like a peak at the beginning of Final Crisis (52 Weeks of "52" plus 52 Weeks of "Countdown" equals the "Week 104" they mention) as well as something called Week -8 (after Final Crisis I'm assuming) where Booster and Blue Beetle I and III are trying to help stop the death of Beetle II (Ted Kord). I'm intrigued and hope the payoff is worth the anticipation. Johns is a decent writer with this type of fan-boy stuff...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I'm really digging the new Booster Gold solo series, and I never imagined I'd be saying that given how indifferent I was to the original series. The only Booster Gold series I'd ever imagine myself picking up would have been "Blue and Gold", which had been once rumoured as a mini helmed by Giffen during his era of the Justice League.

Johns and co seem to have come up with a very original take on a Superhero book, and it looks like it won't be getting too convoluted with all the time travel.

I actually really enjoy these last page teases we've been getting in these last couple of Geoff Johns launches. As much as I love the Ted Kord Blue Beetle, I'm hoping they don't bring him back. He actually did have quite a heroic and memorable death like Barry Allan, and the revolving door deaths/ressurections in the DCU really don't do them any service in the long run. I'm thinking that the new multiverse is basically having a way for DC to have their cake and eat it too... if they did want to do anything with the Ted Kord Beetle, they could just have a fresh run at the character using the new Earth 4/Charleton Universe they established in 52. Same with The Question.

From Wizard...

Were you surprised by just how much fans took to the character?

JOHNS: Yeah, it’s nice. It was really nice to see because he was created post-Silver Age and I think DC’s had a little bit of a harder time introducing new characters who really catch on.

He was post-Crisis on Infinite Earths too. He was one of the first major new characters introduced after that story. He may have been the first, actually.

JOHNS: He might have, you’re right.

You know what? He’s in History of the DC Universe and he’s the last guy they talk about, so I bet he was.

JOHNS: You’re right. He wasn’t introduced in Crisis but he was introduced right after. They recently did such a good job with him [on “Justice League Unlimited”]. I think that really got a lot of new fans, too. I think between everything, Booster has gotten back in the spotlight, gotten some good time in books people were reading, and he’s earning fans.

Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 20, '07, 4:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎