X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Obituary - Mego Talk Ikonboard

We regret to announce that today, Sunday, May 13th, 2007, Mego Talk Ikonboard has passed into the Great Forum Board in the sky. Mego Talk is the child of The Yahoo Mego Group and Raving Toy Maniac. It is survived by Mego Talk vBulletin, and over 800 enthusiastic and mostly middle aged children. Universally known as the Official Forum of the Mego Museum, Mego Talk will be celebrated as the forum that exponentially increased the interest and knowledge about the World's Greatest Toy Company, the Mego Corporation.

Mego Talk Ikonboard was just one month shy of it's 6th Birthday. During that time, hundreds of new discoveries and facts about Mego were discovered and shared with the Mego community. Members accross the internet were united both virtually and in person. Thousands of successful trades were facilitated. Countless people passed through its doors looking for information.

Mego Talk suffered from database corruptions, slow posting times, missing threads and posts in the latter part of its life. It was gently put to sleep this afternoon, following a simple yet touching post by longtime member ABMAC, who wrote " You've been fun, but now the time has come to let you go.", in a post titled "Goodbye, Old Forum - I won't forget you!" in General Buzz.

Contributions can be made to the MegoMeet 2007 Raffle and Custom Auction. Viewings will be open to the public for the forseeable future. A memorial service will be held in Wheeling, West Virginia, on June 1st, at the Toy and Train Museum on Kruger Street. Please feel free to share your good memories about Mego Talk in this thread.

RIP Mego Talk Ikonboard.

• Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I only knew Mego Talk Ikonboard for 2.5 years, but it was a blast, MTI will be missed. I raise my glass to the passing of MTI and to the birth of Mego Talk vBulletin :17:
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Been there since month one and I miss it already.

Maybe when this new forum get's rid of it's "off the rack" look i'll feel more at home.

Comment

• batmanmc
          mego batman collector
          • Jun 22, 2004

a moment of silence for the old boards please................rest in peace ................ mike

Comment

• Evel KMego
            Museum Daredevil
            • Apr 26, 2006

At such a young age too. Please let this be a lesson to all of us. Stay away from drugs!!

(and strange people with 70's plastic figure fetishes)

Comment

• Dave Mc
              Administrator
              • Oct 20, 2002

Goodbye old girl! Hello new hottie!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I hardly knew her...I was only a member for a couple of months when she had to pass on. I do miss her. Goodbye old Mego talk board. You will be missed. :(
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• mitchedwards
                  Mego Preservation Society
                  • May 2, 2003

Rest in Peace old Forum, you served us well.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

She was NOT just a showoff body! She entertained us in many ways.
                    She earned her keep dangit! She could've just sat there
                    and took in all the posts---but no---she exceeded that and
                    gave back---- holy moley-----AMEN!
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• DocDrako
                      Formerly Doc Drako
                      • Nov 11, 2004

Goodbye Mego Museum Ikonboard

I remember when I joined, there was a very different front page with headless Mego "statues" standing at either side of a picture that changed every time the page was refreshed. I was afraid of joining an online forum back then, since it felt like walking into school on the first day. I lurked for about a year before I actually joined. I've never regretted joining the Mego Museum.

I watched the Museum get updated and new things arrived. New information, new people, new topics for discussion. Great things were discovered, and some friends were lost. I'll miss Mego Museum Ikonboard. But if we don't change we don't grow. Change is good.

Goodbye Mego Museum Ikonboard. You were my first Mego home, and you'll never be forgotten.

R.I.P.
                      Last edited by DocDrako; May 14, '07, 5:37 PM. Reason: I forgot an important fact...
                      "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

I remember the first, awkward time I approached Mego Talk Ikonboard. I had watched her from afar... perhaps even lurked a few times... but ultimately I got up the nerve to introduce myself. She was so warm and welcoming. I never forget how she helped me prepare for my first Mego gathering. She was definitely the object of admiration from everyone there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my present forum. Its just that you never forget your first.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I personally thought it would never fly, heck I barely posted and didn't really think much of any message boards at the time.

Slowly it became part of my daily life, it's amazing the people I've met and all the positive outcomes from that piece of software. There have been regrettable encounters sure, but 99% of it has been nothing but good experiences.

It was a great six years, hopefully these new boards bring in a raft of new folks to keep the experiences coming.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Megotu
                            jerk
                            • Dec 16, 2001

Wee...I hope you used an antivirus program...
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎