X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Red and white striped material?

This is probably a thread for the market place, but I'm looking for a little bit of red and white striped spandex. I don't want to buy a yard online, because if I live to be 100, I'll never use it all. I'm talking about the kind of material you would use to make Captain America's belly. I only need a bit. I can buy it from you or we could trade. I have some nice flame print material (flames are a bit big, but it would depend on how you cut it.

If anyone has anything let me know. (Or if you seem some in a store. I have JOann's, Hobby lobby, etc...and never saw any)

thanks

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

It does exist. It's called candy cane or candy stripes or something like that. I saw it at Joannes I believe. This was years back so it may not exist anymore. If it's seasonal now would most likely be the season to get it.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Megospidey
      Museum Webslinger
      • Jul 26, 2006

^^ the stripes on that fabric are too thin - not right for Captain America. You can still get it online at Spandex House - but it's just not wide enough.

I've been searching for the right red/white stripe spandex for 2 years for Captain America - have yet to find it.

You have a couple of options: 1. sew red and white spandex together to form the belly area 2. have red stripes printed on white spandex.

IF...you ever find red/white striped spandex that is right size for Captain America, make sure you post it...I want some!

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

How about sewing a thin red ribbon on white spandex? Does it have to be spandex on spandex?
        Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

You could paint red stripes on white fabric.

Don C.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Painting is the easiest, sewing the hardest and printing your own striped fabric will give the best result
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I have some cotton stuff that works ok, its from a shirt I found at Goodwill. I also used it for General Glory's pants.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                • Aug 14, 2007

I've seen different widths of red/white striped spandex on various spandex websites, but I don't know if they would be big enough and I don't want to spend the kind of money to special order something that I need so little of.

I have some candy cane striped material (cotton maybe?) with 1/4 in red stripes.

This is what I'm shooting for.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

It might be a tad un-American but couldn't you use a small US flag for the material? I've got a couple of those from this past July 4th specifically fro that reason.

BTW, that design and character, whoever he is, is awesome. I look forward to seeinghow you pull that one off.

Scott
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

i agree how about using mimi cloth american flags for red and white strip material
                    Last edited by AAAAA; Nov 18, '09, 5:34 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Almitysufx (MM member/customizer) has done some excellent customs wherein he prints patterns onto white jetset single-knit. The results are very Megoesque; try PMing him.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I've got it covered if he wants some of what I got.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by AAAAA
                          i agree how about using mimi cloth american flags for red and white strip material
                          I couldn't find anything that was 100 percent cotton, when I made my Obama! cape...., Searched high & low... it was always that Nylon/cotton mix nonsense, which is very, very difficult to sew.
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Megospidey
                            ^^ the stripes on that fabric are too thin - not right for Captain America. You can still get it online at Spandex House - but it's just not wide enough.
                            I disagree ..
                            It's spandex.
                            It stretches.
                            If it's tight enough..., it will stretch out to where each line is 1/4 of an inch. I thought it worked just fine for my Zombie Cap.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Megospidey
                              Museum Webslinger
                              • Jul 26, 2006

^^ yeah, but it doesn't always stretch proportionately and gets distorted...at least that's what it did to me. You have to stretch it just right and hope it doesn't distort on you. You may be a pro at this BK, but not everyone is

Also, when it stretches too tight, it looses some of the richness of the color.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎