Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megome
    • Sep 24, 2005

New rooted female heads help

I was wondering if anyone might have some ideas for new colors or styles to root or re-root on male or female heads, I have some heads on E-bay;=
    eBay Seller: eBay Seller: thor8888: Toys Hobbies, Dolls Bears items on eBay.com
    I was thinking the 12 inch heads might work, any suggestions or ideas, definitely would help especially with Christmas around the corner!

Thanks Dave
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Aha, so that's you. Sent you question today and got your answer. Just so you know that was me
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Holy crap! Those are beautiful!

You've been a busy little bee, haven't you?

I'm going to wait a while before putting any bids in, just to see how much activity there is for them.

Then I'll bid, and hopefully get them for a good price.
      JediJaida

Comment

• megome
        • Sep 24, 2005

Originally posted by JediJaida
        Holy crap! Those are beautiful!

You've been a busy little bee, haven't you?

I'm going to wait a while before putting any bids in, just to see how much activity there is for them.

Then I'll bid, and hopefully get them for a good price.
        JediJaida you have any ideas for new styles or colors, or if the 12 inch heads would be a good idea?

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Megome, you have some of the best colors and reroots I've seen. I've bought a few from you over the years and I'm bidding on some of the ones you have up there.
          I like the fact that you have done bangs with some. Good call.
          Multi color punk type cuts ala Blondie and Joan Jett would be my suggestion. Men with long hair ala Beatles or KISS would be ideal in some cases.
          I'm not sure if you've seen some of the custom Blythe dolls on ebay. They have great colors and hair styles. But bangs are great.
          I'm sure some folks might not like that since there aren't many superheros, that I'm aware of, that have bangs or cuts like that. But it's best to expand your stable of styles.
          Some of the curls you do are great. How about tight curls?
          Well keep up the good work and can't wait to see what you have to offer next. Oh and redheads are plus for me. Love them redheads.

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

i was hoping you'd have a Teen Titans Starfire this time. i'm dying for one!
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Next time you're rooting heads try to use a couple of different sculpts in stead of just Dynah Mite
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• megome
                • Sep 24, 2005

Originally posted by Meule
                Next time you're rooting heads try to use a couple of different sculpts in stead of just Dynah Mite
                Is there othere mego heads you suggest, I've been trying to think of othere female heads to use and with what style and colors, I was thinking like dorthy, dasiy duke and walton's with a lot of these styles but not sure how well that would fly and which head with which colors you know.

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

The thing is Dynah Mite's sculpt looks too dolly like for villains, Dorothy and Daisy Duke would look better

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Reroot the Kelli Bundy CTVT head in a few colors and I'd be there.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

The Kelly Bundy head is too large for the body, just like all of the other CTVT heads.

Hmmmm, new colors. How about mixing colors? Like black with white streaks? Or any color combo? Like ice blue with cobalt, or hunter green with lime green?

Spiderrogue rerooted two of Doc's heads for me, one in a straightforward shade of red, and the other is a combination of purple and black that is very striking.

Just one teeeensy little thing. I looked inside one of the heads I won from you before, and there was quite a lot of glue up inside the head. Didja ever think of maybe singing the ends a smidge? There's a tool that is used to seal thread ends in bead embroidery. I'll look it up and let you know what it is.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

The Kelly Bundy head is too large for the body, just like all of the other CTVT heads.
                        Hmmmm, yeah you're right about that

Just one teeeensy little thing. I looked inside one of the heads I won from you before, and there was quite a lot of glue up inside the head. Didja ever think of maybe singing the ends a smidge? There's a tool that is used to seal thread ends in bead embroidery. I'll look it up and let you know what it is.
                        It's on the inside of the head, you don't see it, so does it really matter?

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I suppose not.

Anyway, I found the name of the tool I was looking for.

It's called The Perfect End Thread Burner, and it's used mostly in beadwork. There's no reason to believe that it won't work on sealing the artificial hair.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• megome
                            • Sep 24, 2005

I suppose not.

Anyway, I found the name of the tool I was looking for.

It's called The Perfect End Thread Burner, and it's used mostly in beadwork. There's no reason to believe that it won't work on sealing the artificial hair.
                            I have tryed a lot of different methods to secure the hair inside. But each have there own down falls, and Prefect Ends make's a big mess and some times the hair will just come undone and just slip out after your finshed which is very frustrating. thanks anyways.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Not for me it ain't.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎