X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepage
    The Ape General
    • Aug 12, 2001

Left 4 dead 2

I came home this afternoon from the cinema to find my new copy of Left 4 dead 2 in my mailbox. I have been playing it all evening and so far i gotta say that this is a great game!!
  • lepage
    The Ape General
    • Aug 12, 2001

SPOILER

I am having a blast!! there are a bunch of new villians as well as the ones from the first game. There is one they call "The Jockey" but is knicknamed "the humper" so you can imagine what he does to your head once he gets a hold of you!
    There is now a female "spitting boomer" This is a nasty old hag that spits this nasty green crap at you that is acidic.

There are some cool weopons as well.....chainsaw oh yeah!!!

So far, I am giving it a soid 8 out of 10!

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I've been playing it since Tuesday. I like it quite a bit... modest changes to the original, but adds some nice twists. The melee weapons are awesome (chainsaw... heck yeah!).

My only complaint is: I miss the old gang from the first game. But I guess it gives me 4 more Mego customs to build!

Comment

• lepage
        The Ape General
        • Aug 12, 2001

I love the clowns. If you hit them with something you can hear the honk of a horn from thier red nose

Comment

• lepage
          The Ape General
          • Aug 12, 2001

Well I am on the last level(s). I have been playing the entire game in the "advanced" mode which has been hard as hell.
          One thing I love to death is the "Hard rain" levels. You start by getting off a rescue boat and are told that in order to continue, you need to get some diesal fuel. It seems like this all takes place in New orleans at the start of Katrina. it is raining hard and there are signs of flooding. You fight your way to the gas station where you get the fuel and start to head back to the boat. This is where the fun REALLY starts!
          First thing you notice is that the flood level has risen and at least 2-3 times during each level going back to the boat, there is an explosion from the storm with hurricane winds, blinding rain, thunder, lighting, oh and a flood of flesh eating zombies!

I LOVE THIS GAME! I think it is so much better then the first and I am getting used to the characters now.

Awesome!

Comment

• lepage
            The Ape General
            • Aug 12, 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-5OQ9YVD0Y

heavy storm starts 4:04 in

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

I've been playing the game with some friends of mine and it's kicking our butts bad. We started on the Dark Carnival level and still haven't been able to beat it.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

is this one available on PS3? I'd like to get it, looks really cool

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  is this one available on PS3? I'd like to get it, looks really cool

XBOX 360 only.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

that sucks. That's the only system I don't have. The game looks awesome though

Comment

• spidey68
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 3, 2009

its an awesome game my best friend and i played it and beat it along with the first one one of the best games out there hope they make a 3rd one

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

So the big question is... what character do you play as?

I was a Louis man in the original. This time around I am playing as Nick.

Comment

• lepage
                          The Ape General
                          • Aug 12, 2001

I have beaten the entire game. I played it in advance mode but could not beat the plantation level on advanced. I tried at least 20 times to beat it but couldnt. I think the 2 tanks at the same time may have something to do with it!?

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎