X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Batmobile

I finally got around to doing some work on turning an old Power Team Spy Car into a Batmobile. This little black beast was sold as an exclusive through Sears Canada a few years back and came with a 12" tall Power Team figure dressed in a black tux. Sadly, instead of using their knock off Connery head, they used some frou frou pretty boy head...I quickly changed that!
    Anyways, the car is a bit tight for a 12" figure, but dead on perfect for an 8" Mego Batman. I've included a pic of a WIP Batman to show the scale.
    The car has some neat tricks no spy, or Batman, can live without. If you push down on the gear shift, wheel shredders pop out of the wheels. Push the radio console into the dash, and the headlights (complete with lasers..err...I mean "Frikkin' Lasers") pop up. Push the button on the b pillar behind Robins seat, and the trunk flies open, and has a missile launcher assembly built into the lid (fires 4 missiles). Inside the trunk is a briefcase that has secret compartments. I have turned that into a portable Batlab. Also inside is an umbrella that fires a missile. It needs to be cut down to Mego size still...and I havent figured out how to do that without losing the missile firing capability.

The decals are temporary. I am getting some high quality ones, and these are just to show location and size.

Last edited by Captain; Nov 14, '09, 2:03 AM.
    "Crayons taste like purple!"
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Heres a pic of one of the wheel shredders extended:

And heres the front of the car:

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Pretty cool Batmobile. And you've got the perfect setting for it, is that one of Anthony's Batcaves?
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

That's pretty cool
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
          • Oct 8, 2007

Cool, I think that has a lot of potential. Keep going.
          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

You're off to a great start. Love the wheel extensions.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks everybody.

Your right Meule, it is one of Anthonys original pre-DIDA Batcave sets. This thing is HUGE. I dont have it fully unfolded here due to a lack of space on the workbench. I did have it set up on a table, linked to my DIDA Stately Caverns set and chock full of my Batman family customs, but I had to take it all down due to the amount of space it took up. Hope to have room for it all again soon!!!

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

great job on the batmobile!

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Captain
                  Thanks everybody.

Your right Meule, it is one of Anthonys original pre-DIDA Batcave sets. This thing is HUGE. I dont have it fully unfolded here due to a lack of space on the workbench. I did have it set up on a table, linked to my DIDA Stately Caverns set and chock full of my Batman family customs, but I had to take it all down due to the amount of space it took up. Hope to have room for it all again soon!!!
                  I would love to see a pic of that set up if you have time and place to do that again
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Nice find, never saw the Power Team spy stuff.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

Kudos! That is really nice looking!!!

I made a bat mobile like this, except I have no windshield and I am in the process of trying to design one. I found some adventure car in a junk store toy lot and was in beautiful condition and with a little black paint and some bat logos it looks amazing.
                      Not sure if I want to create a bat windshield or do a bubble over the cockpit. It has been like that for a couple of years. I can't seem to figure out how to finish it.
                      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Wrathdemon

I made a bat mobile like this, except I have no windshield and I am in the process of trying to design one. I found some adventure car in a junk store toy lot and was in beautiful condition and with a little black paint and some bat logos it looks amazing.
                        Not sure if I want to create a bat windshield or do a bubble over the cockpit. It has been like that for a couple of years. I can't seem to figure out how to finish it.
                        Cat, windshields aren't that difficult, I used plastic from a Coca Cola bottle to make these

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Whoa!
                          Nice Batmobile Thomas. Really amazing Revved up Mego...Did you handpaint all the interior details? (any chance you've got close up pics of the interior? What about the red pinstripes? I'm thinking of using pinstriping tape, but ultimately, painted on detailing would look and last better.

Comment

• Captain
                            Fighting the good fight!
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by Wrathdemon

Any pictures Wrathdemon? I would love to see it, even if its still in the construction phase!

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Captain
                              Whoa!
                              Nice Batmobile Thomas. Really amazing Revved up Mego...Did you handpaint all the interior details? (any chance you've got close up pics of the interior? What about the red pinstripes? I'm thinking of using pinstriping tape, but ultimately, painted on detailing would look and last better.
                              Thanks
                              I used pinstriping tape myself, but paint would probably last longer indeed, but then the tape is easier to put on
                              The interior is paint and homemade decals

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎