• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

New stills from The Dark Knight

http://themovieblog.com/community/?p=540

Joker's costuming looks great, not sold on the crappy makeup yet.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Yeah, I don't know that I like that look either. It probably makes more "real world" sense, but it's kind of distractingly sloppy.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

The Joker looks like they kicked him out of Slipknot for not conforming to the dress code; and Batman looks like a Japanese Sentai hero.

*sigh*

Don C.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Joker's costuming looks great, not sold on the crappy makeup yet.

But We don't know yet...how it will be done, in the context of the Movie. Don't Judge to quickly...wait and see.
        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

OK I'm scared...and not in a good way...isn't the whole classic Joker origin that he slips into the vat of chemicals and it turns his skin "chalk white", his lips "ruby red", his hair "emerald green"? This just looks like a refugee from the Barnum and Bailey Circus who slaps makeup on haphazardly.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
            Stays Crunchy in Milk
            • Aug 2, 2004

OK, so the Joker's skin wont "really" be white. He's just a really crazy guy that clowns himself up. Spider-man's webs were organic yet I like the first two Spideys. The Green Goblin was the worst thing ever and that movie ended up OK. This is not my choice to have Joker like this, but I can get over it if they nail the character.
            Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• grayhank
              That Fisher Price Guy
              • Feb 9, 2007

NOOOOOOOOOOO that make-up is horrible! The thing that makes the Joker one of the greatest villains ever created is his insanity. His insanity was caused from the chemical plant accident which permanently disfigures him. But now he's been downgraded to a crazy person who wears stupid makeup. That's the equivelent of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman because his parents get shot by a BB gun, which doesn't kill them but really stings a bit.
              Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

cant wait for the movie. the stills look good. the makeup is not that good.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                  Stays Crunchy in Milk
                  • Aug 2, 2004

That's the equivelent of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman because his parents get shot by a BB gun, which doesn't kill them but really stings a bit.
                  No, no it's not. Batman's origin is iconic. Ask 100 people on the street about Batman's origin and 98% or better know it. How high would the Joker's be? 50%?

Batman's parents are murdered and he vows to seek justice.

Joker is a criminal and gets dumped in some chemicals. Sure he becomes a worse criminal, and crazier, but the red hood was barely a character before he became the Joker.

I understand why you guys hate it, but I don't think white skin defines the joker anymore than a 1970's blue cape defines Batman.

Another thing to note is that the close up is the Joker after a sound beating. In the other shots it's clear that the makeup is brighter.

Anyone notice the angle of the camera in the shot where Joker is kicking Batman? Nice touch IMO.
                  Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

I don't think it's that bad,it looks pretty real and that's what i wanted to see.
                    On another note,doesn't Bale look a little thinner?
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• aquatroy
                      Permanent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2002

When I see that makeup, Lullaby by the Cure starts playing in my head.

Honestly, the makeup doesn't bother me that much. The Joker is still disfigured (huge scar making a horrific smile). He's still crazy, and he's still deadly. After "Begins", I'll trust the film makers to do a great movie.
                      Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Ditto what Aquatroy said for me.

Plus, the Joker's chemical bath origin was done pretty faithfully in the Burton movie. Had they gone that route, Dark Knight would have seemed like a remake to the general public.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

I accepted Bat's black suit, I can deal with this. Besides, if chenical disfugured your pimentation, wouldn't it come out kind of messy?

I'm really more worried about how he's portrayed than anything else.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• grayhank
                            That Fisher Price Guy
                            • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
                            Joker is a criminal and gets dumped in some chemicals. Sure he becomes a worse criminal, and crazier, but the red hood was barely a character before he became the Joker.

He was a criminal as the red hood, no argument there. But it's the chemical accident that drives him over the edge to complete insanity. Prior to that he was just a small time thug. See Legends of the Dark Knight #50 for an excellent look at his background prior to becoming the Joker. Of course even the Joker says as he's telling his story that he sometimes remembers it differently.

Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

As usual, I like the fake photoshop images on the net better than the actual look. Heath doesn't quite look right, but I have a lot of faith in Nolan and Bale.
                              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎