X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Man of Action
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 26, 2006

star trek models

when I was a kid the big fun in the summer was to build the old classic trek models..Romulan "bird of prey", Enterprise ,and Klingon...thanks to ebay I spent my 43 summer building all of them again...what fun it was..so my question to you ...did you build these classics back in the day also??..also if you do, or did you should check out Polar Lights enterprise refit..from the movie..it's a big model, almost 3 feet...looks great hanging in the living room..LOL..
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Oh yeah...I built the Enterprise!
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Built and ruined many of these in the day....
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Man of Action
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 26, 2006

Brian, thanks for the pics..I forgot about the glowing UFO..it had the coolest little shuttle ship...good times

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

these really weren't around to much when I was old enough to build them,but my cousin also had the Enterprise hanging from the roof
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• number 6
            Village Idiot
            • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            Built and ruined many of these in the day....
            Tell me about it.

Made several attempts to build the Enterprise in the mid '80s to early '90s. Successfully got it together the first time mostly because I wasn't old enough to care about how well it was done.

My later attempts were thwarted by attempts to have all the seams perfect and to make it accurate.

Found out later (don't know if this is true) that the reason the parts fit so poorly is because the AMT in reissuing the the kit and pulled off the old mold so many times that mold had become distorted over the years.

Also attempted and never completed the bridge kit, again due to obsessing over making it accurate. Also the head for the figures looked like they had been retooled because they were very detailed as opposed to the rest of the kit and they were too big for the bodies (this was in the mid '90s).

I think the the key to these kit is just have fun building them and painting them as they are. If you try to make them accurate you'll drive yourself crazy.

Comment

• ABMAC
              User
              • May 16, 2002

I built the bridge kit and added a few customized crewmembers made from green Army men.

I bought the exploration set once, but I returned it as soon as I saw how small everything was.

Comment

• Steeler80
                Mayor of Strunk
                • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by number 6
                Tell me about it.

I think the the key to these kit is just have fun building them and painting them as they are. If you try to make them accurate you'll drive yourself crazy.
                I think you've gotten it exactly right. I tried to get all the seams just perfect and drove myself crazy in the process. Just put them together and enjoy!

Comment

• mego73
                  Printed paperboard Tiger
                  • Aug 1, 2003

The Mr. Spock model was the first Star Trek thing I ever got when I first got interested in Star Trek.

Got all the models at one time or another and put them together as badly as you can expect any kid to put them together.

Later on, when I was a better model builder I built the Enterprise (it broke), the shuttle (I have it around) and the bridge (I have it packed away). Most especially, I built a new Mr. Spock. There are pics of him at plaid stations.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

that enterprise would have been awesome to build. i di build model cars with teh kids next door . wasnt really good at building models myself. mike

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎