Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Walmart Adventure Team Joes already history?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Are Walmart Adventure Team Joes already history?

Even though I was able to gather two sets of this series (thanks to a friend of mine who caught them when they were just put out on the floor) I have never actually seen them on the shelves (save for the Man of Action) and it doesn't look like their getting put out with these new seasonal set ups. Should we consider this series very limited and basically done or do you think this line will continue through Christmas? Just curious what the vibe is here. It's been incredibly frustrating for most of us and I'm starting to think alot of Walmarts have some kind of "underground" market in the stock room which intercepts them before they ever hit the shelves. It's d*mn peculiar...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

i haven't found them in the store yet either,i'm sure more will show up though
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

i havent seen them yet but am going to walmart tomorrow night and will check .

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

A friend tipped me off about some at my local W*M about 2 weeks ago. I went right away and managed to get a Sea Adventurer and an Air Adventurer. At the time, they had about 10 Man Of Action and 5 Adventurers, so I figured I'd be able to pick them up later. I haven't seen any since. They only had one of each of the Sea and Air guys, which were the ones I wanted most, and I'm glad I got them when I did. I asked a W*M employee about whether or not they had any more when I was there last, and was basically told, "If you don't see them, we don't have them. We're busy." It was pretty rude, but I guess I wasn't the only person to ask about them.

Last edited by DocDrako; Aug 17, '07, 2:06 AM. Reason: spelling
        "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• ramsey37
          • Jun 18, 2001

There's still some at my local Wal-Mart. The staff in the Toy department is currently rearranging everything, so they've moved what Joes we have left to a top shelf. I had to do a fair amount of looking to spot them up there. I'm not sure which ones are still available. If you see them in your area, you should grab them while you can.
          George

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

As I said in another thread, they were on mark down at my WM, now they are back up to 9.97. And they still have loads of them.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by ramsey37
              There's still some at my local Wal-Mart. The staff in the Toy department is currently rearranging everything, so they've moved what Joes we have left to a top shelf. I had to do a fair amount of looking to spot them up there.

Yup, that's where I snagged mine...
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoat
                A Therefore Experience
                • Jun 10, 2003

My Wal-Mart has had them on the shelves since they hit a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

I've been going to multiple stores (in multiple states) and calling other stores for the past two weeks. I have also talked to a lot of different store personel and followed all the various threads here at the museum. Here is what I've been able to surmise...

In August, Walmart restocks their toy department for the holiday season. At the beginning of this process, they put out shelf plan-o-grams that show what products they will stock and where on the shelves they will go. This can happen anytime in August, but usually at the beginning of the month. The plan-o-grams I've seen simply say 12" Army assortment and have been found directly under the Sigma 6 figures.

After the plan-o-grams go out, they remove old product from the shelves. This process can take several weeks.

After old product comes down, the new product goes up. This can also take several weeks.

As far as I can tell, Walmart does not receive shipments from individual vendors (like Hasbro). It appears that all the shipments to walmart come from a central Walmart inventory processing center. The boxes that walmart inventory arrives in are very plain and usually only have the vendor logo, a brief description of the contents and various tracking/SKU numbers. Again, as far as I can tell... the inventory can show up at any time in the process I've described above. However, Walmart will not put the product out until they are damn-well ready. This means that if you ask someone if they have a specific product, you will probably be told that "unless it's out on the shelves, we don't have it". Which is probably NOT the case, but it makes their lives a heck of a lot easier.

My recommendation is to be patient. Apparently some walmarts are much more efficient at their restocking process. These are the stores where the GI Joes have already been seen. All the stores I've talked to... are not so efficient.

My local Walmart finally had 12 Man of Action figures out on Wed night. After talking to a stocking boy, he told me that the others were in the back and wouldn't come out for a while. For those of you who have only seen one or two different figures... chances are the others are still in the back.

Finally (and this one confuses me), a couple of people have mentioned finding the GI Joes in the clearance aisle. I have no idea how that happens. But you should definitely check those aisles too.

Hope this helps.
                  Last edited by boss; Aug 17, '07, 12:57 PM.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

My wife just checked the closest wal-mart and nothing today either
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• The Sentry
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 3, 2007

WOW! Really? I see 'em all over Charleston and Outside of Charleston that have "Wally World"'s and all of 'em are stocked up!
                      sigpic
                      http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                      [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Nothing here yet. Our Wal-Mart recently reopened as a Super Center. This will be the first reset for the store, and they have put some of the 88¢ toys at one end of the action figure aisle. That doesn't bode well.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mawni
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 11, 2007

Found a few today.

I found about 6-7 Joes in the clearance aisle of the Ormond Supercenter near Daytona Beach. They had at least one of each kind but I didn't see any "Man of Action" figures. They were still $10.00.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Wow. Thanks for all of your responses. This ranks right up there with the Hot Wheels Batmobile when it comes to availability (or lack thereof) in a number of key regions. I'm thinking about sending a message to Hasbro so they are aware of the markets starving for these figures. It frustrating...:die:

Comment

• LadyZod
                              Superman's Gal Pal
                              • Jan 27, 2007

I still have yet to see one at retail at any of the walmarts I've checked here in the middle of nowhere florida. At times like this I wish I lived in a bigger city.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                              Check out my art:
                              Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                              Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎