• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Emma Frost/ The White Queen

OK....
    One of my daughter's favorite hero/villains is the White Queen and since the popularity of the new Wolverine cartoon I have been getting pushed to making the White Queen.

In current X-Men comics, Jean Grey is off in Neverland somewhere with Phoenix powers and the White Queen (Emma Frost) is Cyclop's main squeeze.

So....it is time to make the White Queen.

I have a nice looking Dinah Mite doll with blue Sapphire lipstick I have painted on her lips.

What would be a good outfit??? Something that is appropriate for a 11 year old girl?

How would this work?

All thoughts and ideas welcomed.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Easiest would probably be to cut the arms off of a white female bodysuit and use those for the gloves and cut some holes in the bodysuit in all the right spots
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

>Easiest would probably be to cut the arms off of a white female bodysuit and use those for the gloves and cut some holes in the bodysuit in all the right spots

Yeah; that'd work. I'd sew my own outfit; but I'm kind of a masochist. White boots, flared white pants. I'd use a cropped bodysuit pattern for the top. The full-length gloves are a pain. I'd go with cloth uppers (like from a bodysuit) and white hands.

Don C.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

You could try her corset costume, from the John Byrne/Uncanny XMen days. That's my personal favorite.
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by del
          You could try her corset costume, from the John Byrne/Uncanny XMen days. That's my personal favorite.
          I thought about that and I decided to design something closer to that look above in the picture. That is how she appears on the new Wolverine cartoon.

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Do they make white plasti-dip? I've seen red yellow, black, and I believe blue but no white. Dip a female body in white plasti-dip and then cut away what you want to show skin. It would give a skin tight body suit look, though it would limit the articulation. Pretty funny I just watched my copy of the Gen-X movie which has her played by Finola Hughes from General Hospital fame. That was one of my wife's favorite soaps many years ago and I hated it but there was always something hot about her on that show. It just got better when she played a comic character.Think I'll watch it again.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

OK. This is what I have been working on tonight. The suit is Emma Frost's modern look. No Corset or furry white capes

I obviously used a Dinah Mite doll and painted her lips Sapphire blue to match Emma's lipstick.

How is this? What else should I do? All thoughts welcomed.

Edited 11-15-09.

OK. I fixed up her face to make her look more like a *****. Added the frosted blue sapphire lipstick along with the pointy black eyebrows and the light blue eyeshadow Emma used to wear and sometimes is seen wearing.
              I tried to make her look less like a Barbie doll wearing a Klu Klux Klan outfit and more like a mean *****.

Last, I took Joe (Thunderbolts) advice and removed all the paint and I spent a few hours sewing up arm sleeves and a top to match the pants.
              Plus, I added some knee high "hooker boots" that I painted white. I have no idea where they came from but thankfully the consignment stores have lots of **** for me to buy in bulk.

Then, I added an X-Men belt buckle that I noticed that she wears once in awhile. I took the logo off this site, printed it out, laminated it and glued it to her white belt.

Am I getting close to making a White Queen for an eleven year old girl to play with?
              Last edited by Cosmicman; Nov 15, '09, 7:22 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Replace all the painted on stuff with cloth.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• bobws
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 13, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  That's a good idea and keep away from any outfit but the new cartoon for an 11 year old girl. the rest are way to inappropriate!
                  "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

She looks good, but I have to agree with Joe, that'll make her look even better
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Actually the chest piece is material. I thought that painting over it would make it look better. I think I am going to rip it off and put on another piece and put it back on with no paint.
                      The sleeves need to be cloth. I thought painting them would look good but it still don't look right. I am going to the fabric store today to get some bright white spandex to pull it tight around the arm and chest, see if that looks better.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by bobws
                        That's a good idea and keep away from any outfit but the new cartoon for an 11 year old girl. the rest are way to inappropriate!
                        Oh my god I know!!
                        I wanted to make the outfit where she has the tight leather corset and the camel toe bikini bottoms and the long fur white cape.
                        Some how I think if I did that and handed this doll to my eleven year old daughter, her mother would probably have words with me.

Comment

• boynightwing
                          That Carl Guy
                          • Apr 24, 2002

Maybe white tape for around the arms? I'm not sure how it would look but it could be worth a try.

I think I might go over her eyebrows to make them more...sinister(?) She always looks like she's up to no good even when she's working with the good guys.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                            Formerly known as Del
                            • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by boynightwing
                            Maybe white tape for around the arms? I'm not sure how it would look but it could be worth a try.

I think I might go over her eyebrows to make them more...sinister(?) She always looks like she's up to no good even when she's working with the good guys.
                            Yeah, even with the lipstick and eyeliner, Dinah still looks a little too sweet and innocent to be Emma.
                            Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                            https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                            http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                              Actually the chest piece is material. I thought that painting over it would make it look better. I think I am going to rip it off and put on another piece and put it back on with no paint.
                              The sleeves need to be cloth. I thought painting them would look good but it still don't look right. I am going to the fabric store today to get some bright white spandex to pull it tight around the arm and chest, see if that looks better.
                              IMO anytime its fabric, use fabric, not gooped on paint.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎