X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaga4toyz
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 10, 2004

Castaway news

Meule I think you have said it the best. We know we have some issues and if we don't fix them we won't have any orders to ship. Dave and I have borrowed alot of money and spent alot of time trying to make this work, we're in it for the long haul. Even if we ran off with all the money everybody ever sent us it still wouldn't cover our loan. We're not going to rip anyone off. We haven't posted because we're trying to fix the problems and at this point talking about it over and over and making excuses won't fix the issues. We're going to have to earn each order and get the repeat orders based on service. 1 problem is we get 100 orders out and we screw 1 order up and everyone only hears about the one we screwed up. If you're happy with your order please post.

I've been in contact with a local small buisness that ships online orders. We're going to be doing inventory this month, moving the toys from KS to St.louis, and letting a company ship the orders for us. We will also have a quarantee in place for shipping times. We just simply can't keep up with the volumne of orders, run the buisness, sculpt, prototype, work out liscense agreements and live a normal life. In a month or so the orders will be handles by a regular staff and sent out once a week. In the meantime since we lost alot of data from daves computer we're going to be going thru emails and posts and making sure everyone gets their stuff.
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

I hope you guys can dial this thing in. You have some great products. Personally, I have always received what I ordered from you guys in a timely maner.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

That's awesome bro, I hope it all works out. The shipping thing sounds like it'll take a load off of you guys
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

This is what they need. People dedicated to shipping only. This should get them caught up and keep things moving. That is very good to hear!

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

I wish you Guys all the Best. I Love your Toys
          Sammy

Comment

• Toy Talk
            Old and out of touch
            • Aug 7, 2009

Always came through

I have posted once questioning where an order was, only to see a box on my doorstep from Castaway. Jason has always returned my emails so I really can't complain. In fact he and I are finishing up two deals currently. Both of which will be delivered in satisfactory time. Thanks Jason!

Starting a new business can be completely draining, and consume all facets of life's angles. Seeing that you and Dave have recognized the trouble areas and addressed them with a functional business plan says a great deal about your devotion to the project.

Keep the wheels churning guys. You still have my business!
            "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
              MeGoing
              • May 14, 2003

I'm still very much behind you guys and wish you the very best.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

You guys know what the problem is and you've addressed it, good call guys. I knew eventually everything would turn out OK, I never lost faith in you.
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                  I hope you guys can dial this thing in. You have some great products. Personally, I have always received what I ordered from you guys in a timely maner.

Yup...what he said!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Toy Talk
                    Old and out of touch
                    • Aug 7, 2009

Once again...

I Emailed Jason yesterday asking for a status update on two orders, and today I open my front door to find a package from Castaway. That's just freaky!

Thanks Jason. The Zombie Priest is every bit as creepy as I was hoping he would be.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                      • Oct 8, 2007

I appreciate your good attitude throughout and your efforts to continue to make improvements. You have a great product and if you can nail this shipping thing down, you shouldn't have any problem with repeat orders. I think most people end up posting their frustration on here after the other avenues have been exhausted (mostly unanswered emails). Please continue your efforts to improve, and I'm sure you can create a win win situation in most cases. I have always been happy with your products. The biggy is obviously the shipping timeframes. Cheers and please keep plowing forward.
                      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• censy
                        thread killer
                        • Sep 26, 2007

Most of us are pulling for you. Good luck!

Chris

Comment

• txteach
                          Banned
                          • Jun 17, 2005

Ok everyone, jump on the bandwagon for round 2, or is it 3? I think actions speak louder than words.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Whatever round it is, there won't be another and I'm sure they realise that. If they want to pay off that loan they need to sell. And if they don't deliver they won't sell, so I think they know what needs to be done now
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Toy Talk
                              Old and out of touch
                              • Aug 7, 2009

I can only speak for myself.

Originally posted by txteach
                              Ok everyone, jump on the bandwagon for round 2, or is it 3? I think actions speak louder than words.
                              You've got me coach. I have complained in this very forum about a shipping delay. However, Jason contacted me directly and resolved the situation quickly.

Of course I can only speak for myself, but Jason has taken care of me every time; a little slow on shipping, but he has stayed in contact.

From reading this forum it is obvious that others have not fared as well as I have. Dave's video did not really say anything, but Jason's answer went into detail explaining the business plan; I can't ask for more than that.

I know that I am a newbie, so maybe I have a lot to learn, but Jason has done good by me. When someone treats me well I let others know.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎