X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Mego saved me a client today

I have a big client that isn't too fond of working with my boss, although a few in the company she works with likes him okay. She's been kind of forced to work this project with us even though she rather take it somewhere else. I get along with her okay, so she calls on me until we get this project complete.

Today, I had to meet with her, it's her first visit to our place and she came into my office and we started chatting about finishing the project.

In the middle of a sentence, she stops and says "oh my god! we had those!" noticing my shelf where I have some doubles of some loose figures. Supes, Batman, Robin, Spidey, Corny, Zauis, Kirk, Spock and Klingon. It turned into a 30 minute conversation about her brothers Superhero's and her Dinah's. Somewhere in there she recalled how her Emergency figures were often rescuing Dinah (of course I loved that since I'm a fan of the LJN stuff) and a pretty cool client/vendor relationship got solidified.

Who would have though Megos would have saved me a client? I'm thinking about asking my boss to let me expense my Mego purchases from now on.

Just thought it was kind of cool.
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Great story Dave. I always get comments on my figures in my office, and most of them are truly either complimentary or at least intrigued. They are a conversation point at a minimum, but in most cases they are an invitation for people to talk about their favorite toys growing up. If they had Megos, the reactions are universally positive.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

cool story Dave,thanx for sharing.Hope everything goes good from now
      on
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Fun story. So, did you ask her if she or her brother still had the figures?

Comment

• Bionic Joe
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 10, 2006

I have foind that anybody who comes to my house and see my mego collection always comment on that had ironman or superman or urko as a kid, face it megos bring back fond memroies for us who grew up in the 70s

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I have that reaction from people who pick up their kids from my house when I've been babysitting. Although when my co-workers come over, they just think I'm nuts!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Dave Mc
              Administrator
              • Oct 20, 2002

I was thinking about picking her up a Dinah, but don't want to cross a line to total brown noser.

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

who said megos couldbnt save tehw orld. they are doing it one client at a time.

Comment

• imp
                  Mego Book Author
                  • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                  I was thinking about picking her up a Dinah, but don't want to cross a line to total brown noser.
                  Buy her a Dinah. What's $25 in the cutthroat world of client retention?

Great story, Dave. Well played.

Benjamin

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

Great story...I would buy her a Dinah too if I were you...people like getting presents, and you would just be sharing your mutual love of the toys. And I certainly don't consider myself a brown-noser.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Great story Dave. And yeah, buy her that Dinah Mite, I'm sure she'll love it
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• arrowfiend
                        • Jan 31, 2007

I think it's all been said, but that was a great story. I also don't think it would be a problem to buy her one at the end of the current project. Who knows, it might bring your company more business.

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

Get her the Dinah!

This is something you guys honestly shared, not some contrived suck-up gesture. She'll know the sincerity of the gesture.

AND, the truth of the mattter is all good businesses come down to personal relationships. If a sincere gesture has the side effect of cementing a business relationship, so be it. I always recommend to people to try to get into a conversation like this during a job interview. You will talk shop, but if you can have one conversation person to person rather than interviewer to interviewee, you'll getr a leg up on the competition.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                            Stays Crunchy in Milk
                            • Aug 2, 2004

Buying her a Dinah - nothing better than a tax deductable Mego purchase.

You never know, without this client your company may have been ruined. Therefore, Mego's saved the company! If only Mego's had saved Mego.
                            Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Chris DVM
                              Veterinarian Member
                              • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
                              Buy it. My boss once said in passing he had had an AJ when he was younger. Got a good deal on a boxed one and gave it to him for his birthday - he got a huge kick out of it and it is proudly displayed in his office.
                              Chris DVM
                              "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎