X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Seeking Teen Titan size Mego Robin Head

Looking to make a teen titan sized Mego Robin. Need to start with a head first so I'm hoping a member here know where I can one.
    Also, anyone have a teen titan body or recommend one like maybe a some other body similar.
    As for the head, a RM Robin would be cool but also a masked one will work too.

Thanks!

E
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Austin has a TT sized headI believe, for a body: take a Lion Rock, they're the same
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

This is the Guy you want to talk to right here. You can email him from his Website...or PM here on the Museum.

ROBIN TEEN TITANS (chickencoupcustoms)
      sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I saw one on eBay last night too.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
          This is the Guy you want to talk to right here. You can email him from his Website...or PM here on the Museum.

ROBIN TEEN TITANS (chickencoupcustoms)
          Got Bri's at the Meet and it's dead on to the Super Friends style, but be warned once you get it you're gonna want the Batman too. It's an awesome pair side by side.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Cosmicman
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 12, 2005

I shrunk a mego Robin head in Acetone and it looks amazing on a Lion Rock body now. It is a little hard and feels like Rezin now but the shrinking worked out fine. It was sort of an accident it came out perfect. You can find Mego Robin heads all over eBay and expirment with. It does work. Just have paitence.
            More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

I shrunk a Mego Robin head in acetone and it looks just as goofy as it does on the 8" figure. I mean, I love my goofy Mego Robin, but the sculpt doesn't really look like the comic artwork. Next to the really nice sculpts on Speedy, Aqualad and Kid Flash, the shrunken Robin is missing something. There are much nicer options available, just from board members.

I was looking at some model kits with nice sculpts. Has anyone experimented with these? I have one of those Revell reissues, and I haven't had time to work on it, but I was comparing it to Speedy. The head is a tad smaller, but could probably be made to work, especially if you want an "action pose" Robin instead of a smiley one.
              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

If you are not into experimenting with acetone, I think Doc Mego has one available.
                Take a look here and scan for "masked boy head"
                Heads and Helmets

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                  Formerly known as Del
                  • Dec 12, 2004

It's hard to tell from that tiny photo, but I always thought the "masked boy head" was a resin Speedy.
                  Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                  https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                  http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by del
                    It's hard to tell from that tiny photo, but I always thought the "masked boy head" was a resin Speedy.
                    Well, now; that just may be a Speedy head. I've never ordered one, just seen that text about a thousand times. 'sidekick' and 'scaled' always made me think it was a shrunken Robin head. It would certainly be best to ask the Doc on that one before ordering.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Thanks everyone for the advice.
                      I really like the classic Mego head for Robin. Had one when I was a kid so has a sentimental spot in my heart. But I've always wanted a proper scale one too. Just didn't seem right having a Robin the same size as Batman.
                      Del, I like how it turned out.
                      Rche, I saw that too but scrolling down Doc also has the youth head, AKA Unmasked Robin.
                      So would Acetone work on this one as well? Never shrunk a head before so how would I go about doing it? Does de-color the head?
                      Also where do I get a Lion Rock body?
                      Much appreciated folks.

Del, thanks so much for the pink reroot. My daughter LOVES it and has on display with her pink haired Blythe doll.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎