X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSPUSA
    General Patton
    • Apr 9, 2005

Star Wars Vintage Sears Cantina Set w/Blue Snaggletooth

I won this recently. I know I paid a premium for it, but I would rather pay twice for a good one and be done with it. I had the exact set as a kid, my mom ordered one for me from The Sears Wishbook. I still have the figures, no clue where the Cantina went. Probably stored away where it wouldn't get bent up and then forgotten about.
    It
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

that's a nice set man,that Blue Snaggletooth looks awesome,th boots look perfect
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

oh man that is sweet!!!! really you got it for a good price. I've seen them go for more.

I still need ol' Blue for my loose set, so now you've got me wanting to head to ebay to look around

Comment

• GSPUSA
        General Patton
        • Apr 9, 2005

I watched one go for over $500 with box and figures in the bags. One with figures and a beat up Cantina went for $70 plus shipping. I figured if I'm going to spend $100+ for a fair set, I'll double it and get the best.
        Glad ya'll like it and think I didn't over pay.
        Last edited by GSPUSA; Aug 15, '07, 12:11 PM.
        It

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

the only reason you didn't over pay was because of that Blue Snaggle,he looks to be a very high grade piece and if he does grade high with AFA that could easily Be a $250-$350 piece alone
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• RG
            Removed.
            • Oct 1, 2004

I kick myself over one I let go by back in the early 90's. At a local flea market there was one mint with box never played with and had 3 of the figures still in the bags (Blue Snaggletooth was missing) for $25. The guy bought it and only opened it for the Snaggletooth If I only knew then, what I know now.

Comment

• GSPUSA
              General Patton
              • Apr 9, 2005

I would have been willing to buy a nice cantina without figures. I still have all the originals and the Blue Snaggletooth.
              It

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                Museum Super Collector
                • May 18, 2007

Wasn't 90% of the attraction of that Cantenna set the blue Snagletooth? I mean the rest of it was three figures that were identicle to their carded version and a crappy cardboard standup. I still have my blue Snagletooth from set and for some reason the Walrus Man figure still in it's original clear plastic bag. I guess I must have thought he would be the valuable one back in the day!
                - Sweep

Comment

• GSPUSA
                  General Patton
                  • Apr 9, 2005

When I got mine back in the day, I didn't know about the red Snaggletooth. I just wanted this one now because it was what I had before.
                  It

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

It's funny, to me how bad I want this now... but back in the day? little 7 year old Dave thought it was LAME-O I mean how could you compete with a lever that had Han Solo blasting Greedo! We had the Blue Snags, I guess from some other trade or acquisition... but as a kid I thought this set was BOOO-TAY

Don't get me wrong it's whoop-*** and I dig it now, and would even shell the bucks to get it... It's just funny, what was cool to me as kid is not the same some times, as it is now

-Dave

Comment

• GSPUSA
                      General Patton
                      • Apr 9, 2005

If this buy it now price is anything near reasonable then I did get a good deal.

VINTAGE STAR WARS CANTINA PLAYSET WITH FIGURES AND GUNS Item number: 230161405638

Buy it now $318.
                      Last edited by GSPUSA; Aug 16, '07, 10:25 PM.
                      It

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 1, 2005

I loved this set as a kid. I used to set it up back to back with the cantina action playset, so that one was the "outside" and the other the "inside" haha. I thought I was clever, pffft. I preferred the blue snaggletooth over the red one.
                        I think you paid a good price for that set, really. I've seen them go for more than that in that condition. Nice job.

Comment

• BubbleGumFink
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jun 16, 2006

I received this set for XMas one year (probably 77 or 78) and always really hated that it didn't come with the regular short red snaggletooth. Another one of those "If I only knew then..." sort of things.

Comment

• The Sentry
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 3, 2007

Never had the cantina but I still have the BLUE SNAGGLETOOTH! What a find! I got it for $10 20 years ago from a fella that told me he would sell it to me if I knew what it was! $50 if I didn't! I was $10 less but I waled outta there with a Blue Snaggletooth!
                            sigpic
                            http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                            [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• batmanmc
                              mego batman collector
                              • Jun 22, 2004

i always liked the star wras figures . can remmber never seeming to find darth vader . eventually got him. congrats on the nice find. mike

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎