X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

The CastAWay Syndrome...

You are searching the web and you stop by the CastAWay Toys webpage. You get totally amazed by the great stuff you see there. You feel a huge compulsion to buy... You realize these items are hot stuff that may run out of stock quickly so you get anxious. You rush yourself to place an order with them and you get an order confirmation. You feel a little relief.

Then you enter into a lethargy stage. This stage may last weeks or months. Some have even reported quarters. You feel desperate. Symptoms of betrayal arise. Anxiety corrodes you. You feel agony is close and there is nothing you can do. You just entered the resignation stage...

Then the unpredictable happens... A package just arrived to your mail box... It's from CastAWay Toys! Your heart begins to pound. You might suffer a little of high pressure. You can only release it by opening the package. You may either open the package at home, while driving home, or even at the post office, depending upon current distress level...

Well, you open your package and there they are in all their majesty. Your stuff even looks better "Live". You are thrilled and hooked. Plus some extras... You are now surprisingly healed!!! But here is really when the most dangerous symptom of the syndrome arises... AMNESIA!

You have completely forgot what you have gone thru and you feel you got to go and see what their latest offering is... Holy cow! Captain Action Action as The Phantom and Dr. Eville as Red Beard... Got to have it! You feel a huge compulsion to buy...

And it all starts again... Anyone here has suffered the syndrome?
    Last edited by Boywonder0; Oct 24, '09, 11:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0
    You are searching the web and you stop by the CastAWay Toys webpage. You get totally amazed by the great stuff you see there. You feel a huge compulsion to buy... You realize these items are hot stuff that may run out of stock quickly so you get anxious. You rush yourself to place an order with them and you get an order confirmation. You feel a little relief.

Then you enter into a lethargy stage. This stage may last weeks or months. Some have even reported quarters. You feel desperate. Symptoms of betrayal arise. Anxiety corrodes you. You feel agony is close and there is nothing you can do. You just entered the resignation stage...

Then the unpredictable happens... A package just arrived to your mail box... It's from CastAWay Toys! Your heart begins to pound. You might suffer a little of high pressure. You can only release it by opening the package. You may either open the package at home, while driving home, or even at the post office, depending upon current distress level...

Well, you open your package and there they are in all their majesty. Your stuff even looks better "Live". You are thrilled and hooked. Plus some extras... You are now surprisingly healed!!! But here is really when the most dangerous symptom of the syndrome arises... AMNESIA!

You have completely forgot what you have gone thru and you feel you got to go and see what their latest offering is... Holy cow! Captain Action Action as The Phantom and Dr. Eville as Red Beard... Got to have it! You feel a huge compulsion to buy...

And it all starts again... Anyone here has suffered the syndrome?
    I hear ya! It took me dozens of e-mails, PMs, and board posts to finally receive my order, several months late. I still have a $30.00 credit with Castaway, and I want to place an order, but I just don't want to go through that crap again. Customers shouldn't have to beg and plead for months on end to receive merchandise we've paid for. Judging by some recent posts, there are still some customers waiting for early bird Phantoms that they pre-ordered nearly a year ago. That's just insane.

Comment

• lanternslight
      • Mar 21, 2009

Yeah I got the syndrome

Still waiting on:

I have still not received the early bird Phantom and Achmed I ordered back in Dec.
      yhst-12736645079161+747 Date Sat Dec 13 09:53:45 PST 2008

Nor have I received the Phantom Throne and Trenchcoat/Hat/Glasses set I ordered
      yhst-12736645079161+916 Date Fri Mar 20 13:09:32 PDT 2009

Many, many emails and messages sent through your website.

1 answer more than 4 months ago saying thanks for being patient we'll send it this weekend.

Still nothing.

Please tell me why many many orders made months and months after mine are shipping.

I'm not quite so patient with these anymore guys.

Getting turned off the whole 8 inch figure stuff (cause Castaway was what was getting me interested).

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by lanternslight
        Yeah I got the syndrome

Still waiting on:

I have still not received the early bird Phantom and Achmed I ordered back in Dec.
        yhst-12736645079161+747 Date Sat Dec 13 09:53:45 PST 2008

Nor have I received the Phantom Throne and Trenchcoat/Hat/Glasses set I ordered
        yhst-12736645079161+916 Date Fri Mar 20 13:09:32 PDT 2009

Many, many emails and messages sent through your website.

1 answer more than 4 months ago saying thanks for being patient we'll send it this weekend.

Still nothing.

Please tell me why many many orders made months and months after mine are shipping.

I'm not quite so patient with these anymore guys.

Getting turned off the whole 8 inch figure stuff (cause Castaway was what was getting me interested).
        I can understand how you feel, but don't let this spoil your 8" adventure. It's a fun hobby and there are plenty og other companies doing 8" figures. And the greatest adventure - new WGSH - is yet to come
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I right now am suffering only symptoms; I'm looking forward to eventually receiving my order and experiencing recovery ;-)
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

me too... and hopefully before Christmas as it is to be a present for my son.

Comment

• Megorn
              • Apr 2, 2009

I just wish the Phantom would come back in stock!

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Yea, I'm still waiting on my yellow EBS Phantom outfit but I know they will come through. I'll order the Phantom and Red Beard soon.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

The CastAWay Syndrome...

Originally posted by Megorn
                  I just wish the Phantom would come back in stock!
                  Hope everything workout for you guys,.....COOL looking Avatar Megorn!!!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎