X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Alex Ross' new project is Avengers/Invaders

Avengers/Invaders: Are they pulling a "Captain Marvel"?
    Captain Marvel recently returned to the 616 Universe after his death via a time travel paradox that has him arriving in present day from a point in the past prior to his death.

Captain America is going to returning to the 616 Universe after his death via a time travel paradox that has him arriving in present day from a point in the past prior to his death. Do you think he will remain here in the same way at the conclusion of the miniseries?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • aquatroy
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 28, 2002

The Captain Marvel thing is so incredably stupid. Have they even used the character sense they brought him back? And, the last issue of Avengers, Eluminati has No-Varr (Morrison's Marvel Boy) considering becoming Captain Marvel. Mr Right Hand, meet Mr Left Hand. Perhaps you two should talk.

I can't imagine Marvel pulling the time paradox card so soon. At least I hope they don't pull that card again. Marvel barely has a presence in my hold slot now. They keep this up and they'll be gone.
    Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Hmmm...The House of Ideas? Yeah....all bad ones.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

I hope it's just a seperate thing that Ross is doing...I would love to see him do a take on the Invaders......

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Captain Mar-Vell is getting a series sometime this year. And I said it before, Ross burned me on Justice, so I got little interest in this one.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Well you know if they bring Captain America into the future this, in theory, eliminates the present day civil war story. They will be coming back on Cap's time line and that will alter history. There will never have been a civil war because there will be no conflict between Iron Man and Captain America nor any history with them. This basically resets the Marvel universe so Peter gets his secret identity back and who knows what else...perhaps Gwen lives in this reality? The possibilites are unlimited and I think that is the intent here. What do you all think?

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ That's only if they bring him to the present and keep him here. If he goes back at the end, it could all still happen again.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

No what has already happened will stay put and not change....this is just the Invaders coming to the present and interacting with the modern Avengers. I'm sure at some point they'll be returned to the 40s to their proper place in history without having altered their future timelines too drastically....

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

If I'm not mistaken..The Avengers did meet The Invaders....It was in the Invaders king size Annual#1 I have to double check but I'm kinda sure...so I guess Alex Based it off this meeting......
                  Last edited by kingdom warrior; Aug 17, '07, 5:08 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

you are right, KW.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

I thought it was it I have it in my collection just too tired to look for it now.....Funny The Invaders have been my Latest Kick...I've been trying to track down all the issues. I use to read them all the time as a kid even though it had a short run.

I've actually been slowly making customs of them Hopefully I'll have the team done in the not too distant future.
                      I forgot what member here did the whole team.....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ That might be me. I've got the original 5 members done. Still need Union Jack and Spitfire.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                          OH JES!!
                          • Jul 21, 2005

You know I thought of you first..wasn't sure.....by any chance you have any pics of them that you could share....

I thought of using a Dick Grayson head for Toro and a Lionrock body....I have an Idea for the GA Human Torch..both lit and unlit. I know you used the hotglue technique for your Human Torch froim the FF thought about that....

I haven't really thought about what head for Namor. The Whizzer I have.the others need more planning.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                            Author of Small Things
                            • Jun 14, 2001

What is the "616 universe?"
                            --
                            Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

The "616 Universe" is the designation for the traditional Marvel Universe, i.e. the one created by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko et al...not the Ultimate Universe or any of the other off-shoots or timelines.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎