X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Indy Jone's Shirt...need Idea's?

I'm not even going to attempt the Leater Jacket...because I know I'll never pull it off. But...He doesn't always wear it...so I'll settle for just the Shirt. Can anybody think of an existing Figure that might have a Shirt like Indy's...that might fit the bill? Thanks.
    sigpic
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

A CHiPs shirt would work with brown pants. There is a jacket in the Bratz boys line that you could shorten the length and it would work -

Here's mine (one of the first customs I did - I have since changed the shirt, pants, repainted the head....just about everything ). Dave Mc has made one as well as some others -

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Megospidey
      A CHiPs shirt would work with brown pants. There is a jacket in the Bratz boys line that you could shorten the length and it would work -

Here's mine (one of the first customs I did - I have since changed the shirt, pants, repainted the head....just about everything ). Dave Mc has made one as well as some others -

Thanks for the advice Spidey...but Your Pic is just a RED X?

Never mind...after I posted a reply...it Magicly appeared!?

Oh...and NICE Figure by the way! The Chip's Shirt would work...because it's short Sleave, and I don't plan on doing the Coat. But I'l try and find the BRATZ one...thanks!
      Last edited by The Bat; Aug 14, '07, 8:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      sigpic

Comment

• gman
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 4, 2002

White shirt from the CTVT tuxedo set is a great shirt.
        Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by gman
          White shirt from the CTVT tuxedo set is a great shirt.

No a bad Idea...but Indy's is a little more Tan...maybe I could Dye it?
          sigpic

Comment

• mego70
            • Jul 4, 2007

The AJ Safari outfit has a tan shirt that could be customised (tucked in) and work well. It also has good Indy style boots and a hat that Im sure could be worked into the right shape.

Alternatively, the CTVT Ralph Malph shirt that is under his yellow vest would be good Im sure.

Indy is a great character, I look forward to seeing your custom.

Good luck!!

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 18, 2007

Shirt

The new AJ military figure has a great shirt, thats what I used...before that I used a Bo Duke shirt that I soaked in tea to get the color I liked.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by mego70
                The AJ Safari outfit has a tan shirt that could be customised (tucked in) and work well.

So far...that sounds like My best bet...thanks! Do You know if it has long sleave's...as I'm not making the Coat?
                sigpic

Comment

• gman
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 4, 2002

Dip the shirt in hot tea and you'll have a nice tan shirt. Ralph's shirt sleeves are 3/4 length -- too short.
                  Last edited by gman; Aug 14, '07, 3:18 PM.
                  Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• mego70
                    • Jul 4, 2007

Yeah its long sleeved. Check it out on the AJ gallery. Its already the right colour and will have that military style Indy wears.

I agree that the jacket isnt really necessary, essentials would be the 'manbag', whip and a Chips revolver. An idea for the whip would be a brown waxed shoelace with some thin wire threaded down the middle to make it poseable.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by mego70
                      Yeah its long sleeved. Check it out on the AJ gallery. Its already the right colour and will have that military style Indy wears.

I agree that the jacket isnt really necessary, essentials would be the 'manbag', whip and a Chips revolver. An idea for the whip would be a brown waxed shoelace with some thin wire threaded down the middle to make it poseable.

Yeah...thanks Man! That is the right ticket! Already ordered the Man-Bag(Green Goblin), and have a Catwoman Whip & a Revolver.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

If you decided to go with a jacket after all, but can't find the Bratz jacket I heard you could peel off the outer layer of a Fonz jacket and it's brown underneath. I think Dave MC did that with his
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• mego70
                          • Jul 4, 2007

There is an AJ safari suit on Ebay, I would question that shipping cost though!!!

I look forward to the finished article, looks like you have some good bits coming together nicely there.

Comment

• Customslab

show a pic once you find one

Comment

• LadyZod
                              Superman's Gal Pal
                              • Jan 27, 2007

Heck, I'd look for a beat up shirt and tear it up, and go for the jacket-less Temple of Doom look.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                              Check out my art:
                              Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                              Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎