• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airdave817
    Satellite Monitor Duty
    • May 31, 2007

Best. Weekend. Ever.

So, how was your weekend?

So, my wife, Cathy and I were in Shopko last Thursday night. She was looking through one of the sales circulars at glass tumblers that were on sale. And Elvis movies. Cathy loves Viva Las Vegas and Blue Hawaii Go figure. So we go. Found out that the sale didn't start until Friday. So we're looking at the discounted movies. We saw the Directors and Coolectors edition Star Trek movies at a very affordable price. So, Thursday we picked up the even numbered ones - The Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, First Contact, and Nemesis. We started by watching Wrath of Khan Thursday night. Friday we went back and got the rest - the odd numbered ones.

I am a huge Classic Trek fan. Cathy is a fan of the Next Generation - which is cool, because I like that, too.

What makes this so cool is that my birthday is this Friday, and this wasn't even my birthday present. This was like, an unexpected bonus! And she watched all nine of the films with me! We'll probably watch The Motion Picture tonight or tomorrow night. After I mow the lawn.

I hadn't seen them in a while. It was very cool to see II, III and IV back-to-back. Her favorite is Undiscovered Country. She had never seen Generations. We both agreed that The Final Frontier could have been better.

What's your favorite Trek movie or episode?
    Last edited by Airdave817; Aug 13, '07, 2:06 PM.
    Shameless self-promotion -
    Earth-Dave
    KROC-FM
    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

That's pretty cool man,My fave is Wrath of Khan,you could'nt force my wife to watch Star Trek,she hates it.The only thing she says is that Kirk was hot when he was doing the original episodes
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

that was cool , my favorite was wrath of kahn also. mike

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

That's cool

My fav episode of the classic series is The Doomsday Machine.

My Fav Trek movie is Search For Spock

My fav Next Gen episode is Best of Both Worlds

As far as the Next Gen movies.... I really don't care for any of them.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Trek RULES!

My fave original movies are 2, 4 and 5. I love the Next Gen movies, but my least fave of those is Nemesis and Insurrection. I have too many fave eps of original series to name. My fave TNG eps are Measure Of A Man & The Inner Light. But I really love TOS and TNG the best of all the Star Trek incarnations.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Airdave817
            Satellite Monitor Duty
            • May 31, 2007

Been away for a couple of days trying to shake off some kind of funk.

I managed to get through the special features on TMP, Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock. The only think that would have been cool would be a gag reel. Wouldn't it be great to see DeForest Kelley blowing a line? Can you imagine any of these people blowing a line or missing their mark? I read somewhere (or maybe it's just a rumor) that James Doohan couldn't stand William Shatner, but it wouldn't a gag reel be cool to see?

That's probably one of my favorite of special features.
            Shameless self-promotion -
            Earth-Dave
            KROC-FM
            Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
            "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Airdave817
              Been away for a couple of days trying to shake off some kind of funk.

I managed to get through the special features on TMP, Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock. The only think that would have been cool would be a gag reel. Wouldn't it be great to see DeForest Kelley blowing a line? Can you imagine any of these people blowing a line or missing their mark? I read somewhere (or maybe it's just a rumor) that James Doohan couldn't stand William Shatner, but it wouldn't a gag reel be cool to see?

That's probably one of my favorite of special features.

I got a gag reel at a con that Rod Rodenberry (Gene's son) was promoting. Funny stuff! It includes William Shatner's appearance on SNL. "GET A LIFE!"
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍