X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Wizard World Chicago Highlights

Thanks to some extra credit card air miles and very generous friends, I found myself at Wizard World Chicago this weekend, soaking up the superheroic vibes.

The show was a great mix of media, guests and toys both new and vintage. It wouldn't be complete without folks walking around in costume would it? Now onto the Mego Content:

Our own Megogeek at his booth, Charlie brought a great mix of Mego and other vintage toys, bronze age marvels and Treasury editions. I spent a lot of money there.

In what should come as no surprise, Mark Huckabone of Heroes West Coast brought an unmatched display of vintage toys. Some great deals were available and I ended up with a happy purchase.

Batman and Robin the teen wonder (literally) showed up on Saturday afternoon as did Doom himself, this guy towered over everybody. If you look closely in the back, you can see a display of EMCE toys Star Trek dolls.

These customs were made by a fan in the eighties and were just awesome, people were scooping them up just because they were so fun. I wish I had grabbed that Vision.

12" Mego Spiderman as Giant Man, wonderful.

A chalk artist puts together an amazing Batman Mural

Mattel displayed a glimpse of the upcoming year of Superheroes, it looks like the future will be expensive for me next year. For more of this coverage please check out our Modern Toys forum.

I left this years Wizard World with a full suitcase (and cardboard box), the predictable empty wallet and a lot of great memories. I hope to save a few more airmilesfor next year.....

More...
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

i like the btaman costume thats bcool. also some nice megos

Comment

• dumbldor
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 9, 2002

Thanks for coming out, Brain. It was a lot of fun!

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

wow that looked like a lot of fun,Super hot super girl,Megos for great prices,what else could you want?

that Heman Meckaneck looked like it would've been cheap D'oh!!

can't wait for the FX show here in Florida in Jan.
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I think the Adam West Batman and Robin may be RTM's Mauled Vader and son. They have a group of friends that dress up as the Justice League.

This year's show looked like a lot more fun than previous shows I've been too. Wish I could have been there!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• kresge1
            Museum_Bozo
            • Jun 20, 2001

Those customs scream pure mego cheese
            Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Looks like an incredible time. Great pics!

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

These customs were made by a fan in the eighties and were just awesome, people were scooping them up just because they were so fun.
                From what I can see--- the entirely affordable price might've had something to with
                them being scooped up too---
                that Vision DOES look cool----makes me wonder what other cheaply priced---nice-looking
                customs were there in that pile from the start
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by huedell
                  From what I can see--- the entirely affordable price might've had something to with
                  them being scooped up too---
                  Not really, Mark Huckabone grabbed 3 or 4. He normally doesn't buy customs, his motivator was their look.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• imp
                    Mego Book Author
                    • Apr 20, 2003

Brian,

Now it's my turn to be jealous. It sounds like you and Dan had a great time in Chicago, and I wish I'd been there!

Thanks for the great photo-blog. Please post more pictures if you've got 'em!

Benjamin

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Not really, Mark Huckabone grabbed 3 or 4. He normally doesn't buy customs, his motivator was their look.

Apologies if my last post made it seem as if I was devaluing those nice figures
                      ----it's just I've never seen customs that looked relatively clean go that cheap-
                      if anybody has---point me in that direction

(I couldn't help but notice how outrageously low those price tags were!)
                      Last edited by huedell; Aug 14, '07, 2:23 AM.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        I think the Adam West Batman and Robin may be RTM's Mauled Vader and son.
                        It sure looks like them to me too.

Wow, cool customs... and from the eighties, almost as old as the originals
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎