Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to think of some characters that could use gas masks...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

Trying to think of some characters that could use gas masks...

The only one that comes to mind is the Golden Age Sandman. His JSA costume had a more stylized mask, but the Sandman Mystery Theater version used various styles of (mostly WWII) actual gas masks for the majority of the run. Any others? It can be anyone that would make a good Mego custom.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

my wife could use one on chili night.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• toysforlife
      Banned
      • Aug 17, 2009

That character from Hellboy , the villain would be a good custom. I would have thought there would be more from the vintage Capt America era.

Comment

• bobws
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 13, 2008

The Empty Child and the infected people from the Doctor Who story by the same name!!
        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by toysforlife
          That character from Hellboy , the villain would be a good custom. I would have thought there would be more from the vintage Capt America era.
          Kroenen doesn't wear a gas mask. There was a character on the Flash TV show, forget his name.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Kroenen doesn't wear a gas mask. There was a character on the Flash TV show, forget his name.
            Nightshade?
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, Nightshade--an African-American Green Hornet-type character from the TV Flash's Golden Age.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toysforlife
                Banned
                • Aug 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt

that's right, you can tell how much I enjoyed the Hellboy series..lol

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

I've always wanted to see Dream with that scarab-ish gasmask he was drawn with in the early Vertigo series.

Comment

• blastphemey
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 11, 2008

golden age sandman

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                      Formerly known as Del
                      • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by swoyerjay
                      golden age sandman
                      I already have that one on my list. I actually made a mask for him, but am trying to think of other things I could use it for.

Check out my customs!

Comment

• Tothiro
                        Kitten Mittens
                        • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                        I've always wanted to see Dream with that scarab-ish gasmask he was drawn with in the early Vertigo series.
                        Me too.

As far as gas masks I like the Dr Who suggestion (that was my fave episode pair) also there's a Star Wars Cantina Character named Nabrun Leids that I "may" have just finished a costume for. Hard to go wrong with Mystery Theater though.
                        Last edited by Tothiro; Oct 6, '09, 7:15 PM.

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Are you planning on selling these masks Del?

I cant immediately think of any characters that used a gas mask, but one could always fashion there own character. Or pull a page from Thunderbolts book and make a unique rendition of a classic character that uses a mask?

Actually..Thinking about this...I can recall a character who used a gas mask, but I cant recall the name. He's from an independent comic book publisher, and is set in the forties...kind of a sandman rip off.The character was a "G-man", and he wears a black and grey body suit and full head mask, wears a gas mask (with lenses built in), and has a Batman-esque utility belt. He wore a long coat and hat over the suit sometimes....Aargh! Its going to bug me till I can remember his name now!!!
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                            Formerly known as Del
                            • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by Captain
                            It depends on how happy I am with the finished product, and how much interest there is. They would be molded to order, as the last time I offered premade stuff, it didn't sell as well as the interest thread indicated. So far, I think the sculpt is looking pretty good.

Check out my customs!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Captain

I cant immediately think of any characters that used a gas mask, but one could always fashion there own character. Or pull a page from Thunderbolts book and make a unique rendition of a classic character that uses a mask?

Actually..Thinking about this...I can recall a character who used a gas mask, but I cant recall the name. He's from an independent comic book publisher, and is set in the forties...kind of a sandman rip off.The character was a "G-man", and he wears a black and grey body suit and full head mask, wears a gas mask (with lenses built in), and has a Batman-esque utility belt. He wore a long coat and hat over the suit sometimes....Aargh! Its going to bug me till I can remember his name now!!!
                              ^^^ Was it the Prowler?
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎