X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

So what's the Tiki and stuff like?

So, I've been waiting on my membership stuff. I imagine it must be tough coordinating all the different orders and whatnot. I mean, I've shipped stuff that I sold on ebay and sometimes it turns into an ordeal. This ISN'T a complaint or anything, I'm just curious what you get and how it is?

I was so confused about my ebay order with Castaway. Turns out I didn't even order a Phantom, but they said they would send me one. Very cool. Everybody has talked them up so much, it will be very cool to actually get one.

We've got pretty hung up on orders, shipping and whatever. I'm just curious what everybody thinks of getting the stuff and what it is like.

I'm pretty psyched even though I had to use butter spray to get the boots onto a couple of doc bodies for customs. My Black Panther is buttery and delicious.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by GaryPlaysWithDolls
    My Black Panther is buttery and delicious.
    And what more could you ask for from collecting than buttery and delicious? Living the dream, my friend. Living the dream.

Anywho, the tiki is this little grey resin thingie just over 1.25" high, perfect for any Phantom display you're working on, or a prop for your custom Indiana Jones figure. The club certificate is small and printed on this parchment like paper, and is also pretty sweet. Both are definitely worth the wait. Just like everything Castaway puts out - yeah the anticipation and stuff can be a drag (I'm as impatient as the next guy) but these guys always deliver and make good on orders.

BTW, posting the sent order numbers on the Castaway Toys site is a FANTASTIC idea. I know there's been problems and issues lately, but they boys are stepping up and making things right. Give 'em time, they'll hammer this business model out yet.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

On the same topic, what does the club membership give you? Like an access code to a secret part of the website or something?

Is there more stuff for sale in the membership areas?

I'm thinking about joining the club but I don't really know what it consists of and if there isn't any special product in the club, then I might not join. Can someone enlighten me either here or in PM? Thanks!

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

One of the perks I remember is first crack at some upcoming figures and items. I think club members had first shots at the Phantom's Throne and figures that were only released at shows (Red Phantom, Grey Phantom, Stealth Capt. Action, etc.).

But wait! There's more!
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• jasonmego1277
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by GaryPlaysWithDolls
          So, I've been waiting on my membership stuff. I imagine it must be tough coordinating all the different orders and whatnot. I mean, I've shipped stuff that I sold on ebay and sometimes it turns into an ordeal. This ISN'T a complaint or anything, I'm just curious what you get and how it is?

I was so confused about my ebay order with Castaway. Turns out I didn't even order a Phantom, but they said they would send me one. Very cool. Everybody has talked them up so much, it will be very cool to actually get one.

We've got pretty hung up on orders, shipping and whatever. I'm just curious what everybody thinks of getting the stuff and what it is like.

I'm pretty psyched even though I had to use butter spray to get the boots onto a couple of doc bodies for customs. My Black Panther is buttery and delicious.

Butter Spray ? I use a very very little Dawn dish soap , they slide on nicely. I have not joined the Castaway membership myself. Although I may do so this year. I hate missing out on the exclusives. I hope you do not end up attracting bugs with the butter spray, that would suck
          In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Going back to the membership, got that, but theres no where to so log on, if u do have this membership?, dont really understand how it works. Everyone has a crack at the newletter, so when new products come in , how do they know if , Ive got membership or not?

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Tiki pcs?
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎