X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Phantom head problem

So, I was going to change my EB Phantom into his spare costume and head. I attempted to remove the standard purple head from the figure and the neck plug ripped halfway off. So, now if I try to remove the head it will rip the rest of the way off and I will have a headless purple Phantom. I've taken apart many a Mego and CTVT doll with no head removal problems, so I know how to do it. It must be a problem with the plastic being bad. Anyone else have this problem? And if one of the Castaway guys is around, do you have spare heads?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

When Captain Action came out..., there was Directions on How to remove the Heads from the Castaway Bodies. ... I didn't Buy the Phantom,.. so I dunno if He had the Same Directions.

BTW..., I don't think it has anything to do with the Plastic Being Bad at all,.. It's because that stuff is very Hard, & you guys musta Yanked on them pretty hard.
    Last edited by BlackKnight; Oct 2, '09, 8:06 PM.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jasonmego1277
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 9, 2008

Yes It happened to me as well. I completely ripped off a Purple Phantom head trying to change to Early Bird. I found boiling it removed head on another one for me with very little fuss.
      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        So, I was going to change my EB Phantom into his spare costume and head. I attempted to remove the standard purple head from the figure and the neck plug ripped halfway off. So, now if I try to remove the head it will rip the rest of the way off and I will have a headless purple Phantom. I've taken apart many a Mego and CTVT doll with no head removal problems, so I know how to do it. It must be a problem with the plastic being bad. Anyone else have this problem? And if one of the Castaway guys is around, do you have spare heads?
        I'll put an extra in with your Tiki Joe...

-Dave

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

It happened to me too and I have changed many heads but Dave immediately offered a replacement...great stuff.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

No, BK Phantom came with no such directions. Thanks, Dave. Glad there are extras.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• blastphemey
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 11, 2008

no, its not cuz you yanked it too hard, it happened to both my captain actions

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Nope, I was very gentle with it. It gave way pretty easily.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Poor headless Phantom.... Guess I will change him to the EB permenantly.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

Mmm. I'm still waiting too.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

One month later and nothing, guess I'll rip it off the rest of the way and be done with it. Great customer service, guys.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎