• Show
Clear All
  • lanternslight
    • Mar 21, 2009

The New Stuff is NICE but I'm still waiting waiting on my last preorder

I would like to get the new Redbeard really,

but

I'm still waiting

After many emails and website messages you want the info post here, okay here it is:

I have still not received the early bird Phantom and Achmed I ordered back in Dec.
    yhst-12736645079161+747 Date Sat Dec 13 09:53:45 PST 2008

Nor have I received the Phantom Throne and Trenchcoat/Hat/Glasses set I ordered
    yhst-12736645079161+916 Date Fri Mar 20 13:09:32 PDT 2009

I'd like to hear something cause about 3 months ago I was promised that this stuff would ship that weekend.

And I keep hearing oh yes we're gonna get caught up this week and still I haven't got my stuff.

I know real life can cause problems guys but when is enough enough?

When am I allowed to get upset over this and it's okay?
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by lanternslight

but

I'm still waiting

After many emails and website messages you want the info post here, okay here it is:

I have still not received the early bird Phantom and Achmed I ordered back in Dec.

Nor have I received the Phantom Throne and Trenchcoat/Hat/Glasses set I ordered
    yhst-12736645079161+916 Date Fri Mar 20 13:09:32 PDT 2009

I'd like to hear something cause about 3 months ago I was promised that this stuff would ship that weekend.

And I keep hearing oh yes we're gonna get caught up this week and still I haven't got my stuff.

I know real life can cause problems guys but when is enough enough?

When am I allowed to get upset over this and it's okay?
    It's ok now... we don't fault anyone for being frustrated. We ARE working on it... and it will be resolved. We can't however, stop working on new things. If we do; the opportunities we have, and will have, will be gone. The new stuff was planned a year ago and is now coming to fruition. It is by no means personal nor is it intentional. My PM box is full right now, and I am still trying to get it all done. I hate to ask for more patience, but we have too, for just a bit longer. We have solid plans for improvment, we just have to get there.

-Dave

Comment

• lepage
      The Ape General
      • Aug 12, 2001

Sounds reasonable enough to me!

Comment

• Toy Talk
        Old and out of touch
        • Aug 7, 2009

Yeah

My order showed up today and I could not be happier, so I can attest to the fact that the folks at Castaway are working on improvement.

Thanks guys....
        "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• Frank
          Veteran Member
          • May 2, 2009

And Yet Another Unshipped Order......

yhst-12736645079161-1052 orderded 6/21/09

countless unanswered emails to the Castaway Toys Website, and even
          more countless unanswered emails directly to David and Jason.....

Thanks a lot,

Frank

Comment

• Davy Crockett
            • Aug 17, 2009

Wishing but wary

I had lots of problems with getting my order this summer. I too have seen the new Captain Action items and know that the quality will be excellent, but am very leery about going back to the well with Castaway. A preoder means that they get your money and you trust them to deliver the product. I can appreciate the issues of a mailbox full of emails and the repeated desire to do better BUT if you cannot ever deliver on those promises how can you keep asking for understanding or customers money? Captain Action is my all time favorite toy line and I wish I felt comfortable ordering the new figures, but past experiences are holding me back. Once bitten twice shy.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
              MeGoing
              • May 14, 2003

I received my order with an extra...thanks guys. Dave has promised to fix a slight problem I had. I will definitely order more...I know I have had to be patient, but it is worth the wait.

Comment

• toysforlife
                Banned
                • Aug 17, 2009

I like their items but after all these problems I have been reading about I will pass on buying from them unless I can physically see the item. I know business well enough that people that run businesses need to separate out business and personal.

Comment

• Zemo
                  Still Smokin'
                  • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by lanternslight

That's just ridiculous.
                  Last edited by Zemo; Sep 28, '09, 6:41 PM.

Comment

• thoriron
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 22, 2004

i waiting for an phantom figure too.
                    I do not understand why do not respond to my email, I do not correct all this time to send the action figure
                    please at least respond to emails
                    thanks

Comment

• toysforlife
                      Banned
                      • Aug 17, 2009

Originally posted by thoriron
                      i waiting for an phantom figure too.
                      I do not understand why do not respond to my email, I do not correct all this time to send the action figure
                      please at least respond to emails
                      thanks
                      What I don't understand is why people like this and others ( the megostore issues) aren't kicked from using this site as a source of income. I don't know who runs/owns this site or any of the others , but if it were my site I would distance myself from those that shed a bad light. Just from my experience in the business world , there is possible freebies being given to ensure that things stay afloat as it were.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

What I don't understand is why people like this and others ( the megostore issues) aren't kicked from using this site as a source of income. I don't know who runs/owns this site or any of the others , but if it were my site I would distance myself from those that shed a bad light. Just from my experience in the business world , there is possible freebies being given to ensure that things stay afloat as it were
                        This is a fan site first and foremost, the Megomuseum is currently not at all tied to EMCE, CastAway or Megostore in any sort of business relationship. We also do not censor these threads ( and have never been asked to) but offer a place to voice the discerning or critical view point with the condition they remain civil under our forum rules.

To "toss" these manufacturers for the small percent of problems would be to remove a form of contact that seems to be appreciated by the greater populace. If you have a problem, CastAway and Doc Mego answer them personally, I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

As for allegation of "Freebies" being given to make us look the other way, I take that accusation pretty seriously and have to address it frankly. Neither Scott or myself have recieved anything in the way of "Freebies" from any company. I paid for my Phantom, my treks, my apes all by myself thank you.

Our promotion is done out of love for the 8" scale, no lucre involved.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toysforlife
                          Banned
                          • Aug 17, 2009

palitoy , I didn't mean to ruffle feathers, and I do understand your point now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I haven't dealt with them , except for doc mego and had great success from him. I , like others , need to use the term " buyers beware" on buying from others.

thanks again , J

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

No worries, just wanted to clarify our position, which is not a bad thing to put out there every now and again.

The purpose of these forums are for feedback, good, bad and everything in between.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                              GL of Mego Sector
                              • Oct 8, 2007

I did finally receive my Phantom and replacement Captain Action. No more, no less, but I can not say I am disappointed by any means. Great figures.
                              No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎