X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackson5677
    Banned
    • Oct 19, 2008

Wings ???

Can anyone tell me where to go for Wings for my Custom Hawkman figure.....I know doc mego sells some, are they any good?????....does anyone else sell them?.....thanks
  • bobws
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 13, 2008

Doc's are very good, i have some on a golden eagle custom and will buy 4 more for 2 Hawkman/Hawkwomen (golden and silver ages)figures. just remember they are thick and stick out about and inch from the figures back.
    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I've used Marvel Legends Angel wings for my Hawkman. Easy to find lose on ebay.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I got a back burner project that needs wings, and I've been building an armature system for it.

I don't really recommend building an armature system. It's an insane amount of work.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Man, I gotta see that. Any chance of a pic of just the armature? I have considered something like that, but didn't know where to start.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Do you have a photo reference? I would like to just think through the project.
            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
              • Aug 14, 2007

I bought this toy, a patrotic Eagle character with a cool eagle head and these gigantic, detailed wings.

Check it out here: Freedom the American Eagle Action Figure (pictures) - Mezco - RTM Spotlight

I plan to make my Hawkman out of it...someday. I don't know if there are any on EBay.

Might be a little big for Mego, though.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

Wow. That looks gorgeous! I think you should try to sculpt that!!
                Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this after all that's happened, but Buk has pretty cool silicone wings
                  Starbuk's Phelonious Phabrikations - Mego Custom Wings made in Silicone
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>Any chance of a pic of just the armature?

Well.... I have many emberassing failures.... but maybe I"ll start up again. I was gonna make a proper jointed skeleton for them, but that results in big, heavy wings. A wire frame is better; but then it's tough to set up pinions to connect the feathers to.

>Buk has pretty cool silicone wings

Yeah! Those are pretty good!

You might be able to make something decent with craft foam. Cut a main center piece with detailed outer feathers, then do two layers over that, front and back. You could run a wire between the layers and make 'em posable. I was gonna do that, but all the pics of the character I was working on have detailed feathers, so it didn't look right.

Don C.

Comment

• batmanmc
                      mego batman collector
                      • Jun 22, 2004

Originally posted by Meule
                      Not sure if I'm allowed to say this after all that's happened, but Buk has pretty cool silicone wings
                      Starbuk's Phelonious Phabrikations - Mego Custom Wings made in Silicone
                      HIS WINGS ARE GREAT . BUKS STUFF LIKE HIM OR NOT IS THE BEST IN MY OPINION. MIKE

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎