Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which DC Build-a-Figure Do you want to see?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Which DC Build-a-Figure Do you want to see?

Now that DC is doing Build-a-Figures, which ones do you want to see?

I think Chemo would be an obvious choice. Giganta as well. I'm sure many of us would enjoy Apache Chief from the Superfriends, but that doesn't seem to be someone who made the transition into the DCU.

How about the Giant Robot that looks like the Composite Superman, created by the new Japanese Toyman in the pages of Superman/Batman?

ANTI-MONITOR!!!

the main news for Mattel is that the DC Universe line will be coming to toy stores in 2008. "It's the First time we're able to go beyond the Batman and Superman families. Over 3,000 characters are now available to Mattel. We've been working on this deal for a long time. It's a chance to finally give fans what they want."

The new line will also include an all new 6" line sculpted by the Four Horsemen, the four sculptors who once worked with McFarlane Toys, with highly detailed, highly articulated figures and chase characters in every wave. Every one will include a "build-a-figure." There will be five waves, each with five figures, not including variants. Each will have one build-a-figure.

The Classics Wave 1 line was revealed at Comic-Con, which includes Red Tornado and a classic uniform Red Tornado variant, a classic crime-stopper Batman ("who will be able to hold his weapons"), Penguin and a chase version of Penguin, Orion son of Darkseid, and Etrigan: The Demon. The build-a-figure for Wave 1 is Metamorpho.

The second wave of figures in the line have not been announced before and were revealed for the first time in Chicago. Classics Wave 2 will feature: The new Jason Rusch Firestorm with a variant figure available as a chase figure; Aquaman with a variant where he has an alternate head sculpt, also as a chase figure; Black Manta; Harley Quinn with pop gun and wooden mallet; and Blue Superman with a 50/50 split Red Superman. The Superman characters will not be chase characters. Neitlich said buyers do not need to buy both Superman figures to complete the build-a-figure -- only one.

The build-a-figure for the line will be Gorilla Grodd, which will be 25 percent bigger than the regular figure.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Check out a pic of Grodd here:

Amazo would be cool as a BAF. So would Blockbuster, Elasti-Girl, Collosal Boy, and really just about anyone either big or someone who lends themself to being "put together" like Metamorpho.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Ultra the Multi Alien, Multi Man, and what about stuff like a silver age Batmobile? It could be build an accessory, too.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• grayhank
        That Fisher Price Guy
        • Feb 9, 2007

Despero comes to mind. The only version of him I've ever seen was in the Total Justice line. Starro would be cool also, I can't think of a better place for a one-eyed starfish villain to be made.

I assume Darkseid will probably be in there somewhere since Orion made the cut. He seems like the most likely candidate for a BAF.
        Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Oooh Yeah! Big Hulking versions of Despero, Blockbuster, Clayface and Soloman Grundy.

I forgot about Elasticgirl. Good one.

Starro could even include all kinds of human slave figures attached to him with mini-Starro's on their faces.

If they were going to go with Build-a-Base, I'd say the Silver Age JLA Satellite, The Hall of Justice and The Legion of Doom's Headquarters.

How about a Giant-Sized Spectre? Even better if he glowed in the dark.

Brainiac's Skull Shaped ship with the tentacles!!!

Grodd is awesome.
          Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 11, '07, 2:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

How about the Metal Men all amalgamated into a giant robot? And a big Grundy would be sweet, too.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Comet the super horse!
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• jemboy2004
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 14, 2005

MERA, Queen of Atlantis! Needs to become a figure.

Anyone see the one Robert Tonner did of her? It's awesome!

I'd like the Silver Swan too.

Comment

• The Sentry
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 3, 2007

I can't wait for The Demon man,wow! I just got Luthor a couple of days ago and HE'S AWESOME! I agree I would love to have a Chemo! I think that would be awesome and it would give me a reason to buy more of the line. I think it's about time that Mattel got offa their keesters and made some top-notch DC heroes Marvel Legends style! Bizarro is by far my fav in the series besides Luthor and Supes, I've always wanted a Supes that I could pose into a "double deuce" flying mode! They do need a better Batman IMO, he's the biggest character in DC as of now and that figure from that series lacks I mean he has all these cool accessories and ha can't even hold em that sucks. plus he needs to be more poseable! I would like to see a real good Robin in the series too!
                  sigpic
                  http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                  [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

MONGUL would be a good BAF

That GRODD, bTW, is freakin' incredible lookin'
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎