X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

What classics do your kids like?

Do you share your fave sci-fi oldies w/ your kids? Do they think they're cool or corny? So far, my class really likes:

SMDM/Bionic Woman
    Classic Star Trek
    Lost In Space
    Land Of The Giants

Cooler still is when I bring in toys from the shows like my Tribble that makes sounds or my BW/SMDM dolls.

So what classics do your kids watch?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My 5-year old son has watched Star Trek and liked it. He's one up on me. I wouldn't watch Star Trek until I was seven or so, despite my Dad trying to get me into it.

He's REALLY gotten into Star Wars. We got the Lego Star Wars video game to play together, and we've since bought the sequel, the classic trilogy, and episode one. Not ready to let him watch episode 3 yet. Too dark.

Oh, and he dug the Sam Jones Flash Gordon. He watched it two days in a row after I showed it to him the first time!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

My nephews love Star Wars but hate Star Trek,I guess they are too young to understand it and it's a little more boring to kids then SW is
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

my niece likes star trek better.

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

I have a two year old that seems to like the original Star Trek, but it's probably 'cause of the colors.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

My daughters will watch Star Wars, Batman '66, Universal Monsters, Twilight Zone...but most of the stuff I have to watch on my own.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

My son loves Jason of Star Command and the Trek cartoons. Recently, I put in a new sound system and tested the TV with the Planet of the Apes tv series DVD, I went upstairs for a drink and came down to find him glued to it. He has a new favourite I guess....
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mitchedwards
                Mego Preservation Society
                • May 2, 2003

My Daughter likes to watch Trek TOS with me.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  Pat Troughton in disguise
                  • Nov 21, 2007

My Kids are a material bunch but have given me suprises...I put up the projector one day and put King Kong(original) on and left the room to make some goodies/drinks and one by one they came in complaining that the film wasn't playing properly 'cos it was in black and white......
                  They all like Star Wars and my daughter is now 15 and slowly making her way through my Horror collection (I veto them first), My boys love the studio Ghibli movies so I've given them "Fire and Ice", "Wizards", Flight of Dragons", Battle of the Planets" and "Dungeons and Dragons" to plow through and they love them.
                  Since the new Dr Who has come out the boys have been watching all previous Dr dvds and it was nice to hear My daughter(Nyssa after Sarah Suttons character), complain when Ecclestons Dr regenerated that she would hate Tennant and wanted HER Dr back...oh the memories.
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Lily (age 3.5) loves Star Wars, Wizard of OZ, Batman and lots more.

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Ashton, my 3-yo LOVES Planet of the Apes (the original) and also Escape from Planet of the Apes. He even quotes from the original movie and he really loves the baby chimp. I am so proud of him!!

Dylan, my 8-yo likes Starwars, and also we started watching the TV version of Planet of the Apes and he is getting hooked into that.

I have not had much luck converting my 5-yo into a POTA fan. Bummer.
                      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎