• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Volume in your User Gallery

Hey Guys,

Ok... How do you create more volume in your user Gallery,.. or is about 15 pics all one gets ? .. I think there may have been something I was suppost to update a while back,.. but never did.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

It's not so much the number of pics, but the total file size. You can upload many more pics at a lower resolution than you can at a higher resolution.

With the old gallery, we had no limit and people would have use the galleries as permanent storage, almost like harddrive space. When we moved to the new forums, we left a limit in place to encourage cleaning out the old for the new. It's meant more to have a place to upload pics for posting, but once the thread is no longer active, the pics should be deleted to make way for new pics. We basically had to do this because the galleries were taking up SO much space with all the pictures people were storing.

That said, I'll investigate whether you have the normal amount of space and get back to you.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I origionally Had about 25to30 pics in my Gallery...
      I deleted about half of them,.. to where I only have like 12 pics now..
      However, it seems as if the more I delete, the less room I seem to have,.. I don't understand what I am doing wrong,.. I was under the impression all pics were the same size when uploading them.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Give us a little time to discuss what's going on. The galleries on this board have always seemed a little flaky.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

I've got about 45 in mine....must be the size of your pics?
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

^^ I don't understand how to shrink my pics transfering them over to the Computer,... When I put them into the computer, from my Camera, I am not doing anything differently, then when I upload the pics to the forum,.. they are not big, they are pretty small too.

BTW... you seem to have the same size pics for the most part as I do,.. I believe.
            I love that Prices Right Card !

The Price is Wrong ***** ~! :smiley:
            Last edited by BlackKnight; Sep 21, '09, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Dave Mc
              Administrator
              • Oct 20, 2002

Okay, I've compared BK's pics with Toyrooms. Here's the difference. Anthony's pics are in the 100kb range in size. BK's are 1.5MEG each on average.

So Jason, what you're doing is uploading the original raw camera files. When you take the pics from your camera, they are pretty high res. You need to put them in a photo program of some sort and save them out in a smaller format. Not just smaller width/height, but a more compressed format. A medium quality jpg that is about 700x700 is a pretty good size for posting, and with the gallery space you have, you can upload about 10 of those for each pic you have currently uploaded.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah I always down-size everything before I upload it.....
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Ok Dave,... Big thanks . I will have to figure that out.

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

You need to change the resolution from 300 dpi to 72 dpi. 72 is all you need for viewing online.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎