X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

THOR has a Director!

Not a huge Thor Fan...but if the Movie turns out to be good...I'll watch it.

Hey folks, Harry here The week before I got married, I got a whole host of scripts. About 20 to be exact and in and amongst those was the latest script by Mark Protosevich (I AM LEGEND, JOHN CARTER OF MARS) THOR. I'm a huge THOR geek. Even...
    sigpic
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I think Thor could be one of Marvel's harder sells as far as a movie...the whole Norse Thunder God aspect doesn't cry out "mainstream audience" to me for a super-hero movie. And let's face it, that's what they catering to...not die-hard comic geeks (like me).
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• brineb
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 26, 2006

I've always like Thor, but I don't see it as a live action movie ... my fear is that it will look cheesy like those Italian Hercules films from the 60s!!!!
      I also play with other dolls:
      http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

I personally think they should have got Peter Jackson to direct. I think if they pitch this movie as a cross between Superman and LOTRs with a budget to match, while keeping faithful to the comicbook.
        It won't be hard to sell at all.

Clem...

Comment

• MegoNinja
          Career Member
          • Feb 7, 2007

Im not fussed if the world hates it, I just hope that I enjoy it! I am happy to see that they have found a director for the film as I was worried that they might cancel the idea. Being a big Thor fan (he is right near the top of my favorite comic character list) I will be looking foward to this and the Iron Man film. Once more, I am given another reason to waste countless dollars on Stan Lee's ideas.
          I the Monster Hero

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

I've always loved Thor,so i would watch it no matter what.But I do hope this one comes out good
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I enjoyed Stardust a great deal.

If Vaughn can bring the same sense of adventure and fun to Thor, then the film is in good hands.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Comic Book Resources is saying Marvel wants wrestler Triple H as Thor.

Please God no.

Let's find someone who can act...AND is build like a Norse God.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

Is Triple H the guy who played Sabretooth in X1?
                  Please god no wrestlers who can't act = bad cheesy flick with lots of grunting.

There was a guy who played a toy boy with long blond hair in Sex in the City that I did think would make a great Thor. Don't know what his name was but he went out with the horny blond one in the show. He would probably be the right age to play the part now.

Clem...

Comment

• MegoNinja
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 7, 2007

Would any one else mind if they used the same Thor from The Incredible Hulk Returns? Frankly I think he did a great job (excuse me for forgetting his name), although hulk returns was kind of B-grade I really think Thor was portrayed accurately in the hulk returns, his actual looks were very close to the comic book Thor.
                    I the Monster Hero

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

I'll throw my vote in for Heath Ledger.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Is Triple H the guy who played Sabretooth in X1?
                        No. The guy's name escapes me, but it wasn't Triple H. I believe he was a wrestler though.

Would any one else mind if they used the same Thor from The Incredible Hulk Returns? Frankly I think he did a great job (excuse me for forgetting his name), although hulk returns was kind of B-grade I really think Thor was portrayed accurately in the hulk returns, his actual looks were very close to the comic book Thor.
                        Well, that movie is 20 years old now, so who knows what the guy looks like now. And I'd rather see Thor played more straight. They went a little too far into "Norse Party Boy" territory for my tastes.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

For me its always about the story and character development. There are some stories or characters who simply don't translate to film. Also, the theme has to be focused. The film should tap into something that people can relate to.

Spiderman, for example, did a great job dealing with difficulties of dealing with his new-found powers.

I really like the idea of doing a story about Thor's banishment from Asgard. I think it would be a great story to deal with him finding humility and ultimately kicking some butt.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Sabretooth in X-Men was played by Tyler Mane, some type of wrestler, although I never heard of him before the X-Men movie.
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MegoNinja
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 7, 2007

is there any more information in regards to this movie? Does any one know if they will be including characters like Loki in the film? I would love to see Loki in live-action form, I take it that no plot or other info has really been released about the film right?
                              I the Monster Hero

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎