X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysforlife
    Banned
    • Aug 17, 2009

Superfriends Fearian Project

Hello again, I just wanted to post a few progress pictures of the Fearian project. It was featured in one of the classic Challenge of the superfriends episodes. I'm working on a list of several things from that series. I have several " in process".
    This is images of the fearians hovercraft. The fearian himself is also in process. I'm going to have him boxed i'm guessing. I'm taking from Alex toths original drawing to do it from and here the drawing is again

Here's what the fearians look like themselves. I need to find three heads to paint up.

Here's the first early images. I took the basic shape from a water can from Lowes

dremeled apart......

A little more refined, with some plastic added. I like to use garage sale plastic signs for small projects. the availability is the main reason.

It's a little more shallow than I would like for it to be but for now I like it.

Here's some future projects " i'm collecting " for....

pink tank..

Brainiac has to be one of my favorite " unused" characters. I want to make all of his hand held gadgets too from the show. there is endless creations from this series.
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Though "Challenge" has never been my favorite version of the SuperFriends, this project looks very interesting, and I look forward to see the end result.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Wow this is going to be neat!! Please post progress photos. I love those best, because it makes me feel like I was there in the creative process, too.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Very cool.I'm really looking forward to this one.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• AJ Collector
          The Biggest Little Man!
          • Aug 24, 2008

really cool...can't wait!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Cool stuff. Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Great idea with the plastic signs.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

I can't wait to see more
              Sammy

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Wow, that looks good so far, can't wait to see more
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                  Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                  • Aug 14, 2007

I love to see somebody's creative process. I can't tell you how many times I've wandered around Lowe's looking for something that looks like_______ (fill in the blank, Golden Age flash helmet, a turbine, etc...)

I stood in the plumbing aisle the other day trying to figure which pvc fitting looked the "most sci-fi".

Neat stuff, thanks for sharing.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                  https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎