Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here we see why they killed Bart Allan...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

So here we see why they killed Bart Allan...

Looks like there are two new Kid Flashes.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

And I guess they would be the two kids from Kingdom Come?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

And I guess they would be the two kids from Kingdom Come?
      I typed out this long, convoluted, nerdy explanation, but even I got exhausted reading it, so I delted it.

Short version. No, kinda. The girl COULD be Iris/Kid Flash from Kingdom Come. But the boy from the off-shoot Kingdom event was blonde and named Barry. This boy is named Jai. There's a lot more to it, but it will make your head explode. Trust me. Or better yet visit this awesome Flash site:
      Profiling the super-speed heroes and villains of the DC Comics Universe, focusing on the Flash.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

the flash has kids ? i guess im in the dark ages didnt realise he had kids .

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Weren't the Tornado Twins supposed to be Flash's far future descendants? Maybe these are the new version?

Don C.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Hmmmm....

Weren't the Tornado Twins supposed to be Flash's far future descendants? Maybe these are the new version?
            In Post-Crisis continuity, the Tornado Twins are actually the son and daughter of Barry and Iris Allen. Barry lived in the 30th century with Iris for a brief time before he died in the Crisis. Iris was pregnant when he died. The male son, Don, is/was the father of Bart/Impulse/Kid Flash II/Flash IV.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

I actually like that artwork. Surprising considering how much modern crap I can't stand.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                In Post-Crisis continuity, the Tornado Twins are actually the son and daughter of Barry and Iris Allen. Barry lived in the 30th century with Iris for a brief time before he died in the Crisis. Iris was pregnant when he died. The male son, Don, is/was the father of Bart/Impulse/Kid Flash II/Flash IV.

Chris
                Has Bart's cousin Jenni shown up in the latest Legion reboot?

The one thing that kind of bothers me about the kids is the fact that both should have darker hair given the fact that their mother is Asian.

All the mixed kids I know that are half-Asian have naturally dark hair (although a bit more coppery in the sunlight than the black hair of someone full-asian). I believe both kids should also have dark eyes.

Looking at the family tree, it strikes me how many great supporting characters have dissappeared from The Flash.

I remember Ira West when I used to read the Barry Allen Flash comics as a kid. It's a shame that Wally as close to his brilliant Grandfather. Given Jai's interest in Science, one would think that he'd absolutely adore his great-grandfather.

The Post-Crisis Rudy West was also quite the interesting cad during the earliest days of Wally's career as The Flash. I wish we would see more of this dynamic. Particularly now that Rudy has grandkids! (just imagine the Gene Hackman character from The Royal Tanenbaums arriving on the doorstep of the Park-Wests).
                Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 10, '07, 2:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

The Post-Crisis Rudy West was also quite the interesting cad during the earliest days of Wally's career as The Flash. I wish we would see more of this dynamic. Particularly now that Rudy has grandkids! (just imagine the Gene Hackman character from The Royal Tanenbaums arriving on the doorstep of the Park-Wests).
                  One of the most jarring, no earth shattering post Crisis changes was turning the Wests from Ward and June Cleaver into totallly dysfunctional nuts. I mean, Wally's dad was a Manhunter plant!!! The Flash comics and esp. New Teen Titans really established the Wests as this wholesome, completely solid middle-class family. Although that sounds bland as can be, it's not very common in comics! In the days before Ma and Pa Kent were allowed to live into modern stories, the Wests were about the only parents that were completely normal!!!

Neither Waid or Johns really touched on the messed-up Wests that Messner-Loebs loved to use. To be honest, I often felt like I was reading "The Mis-Adventures of Kid Flash's Screwup Parents" back then.

Chris

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                    Formerly known as Del
                    • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
                    Has Bart's cousin Jenni shown up in the latest Legion reboot?
                    I think she showed up in the Teen Titans/Legion crossover that was supposed to kick off the Legion reboot. Didn't she and Bart have to run on the Cosmic Treadmill together for a while? But I don't think I've seen her since. What is her superhero name? Maybe I saw her and didn't recognize her.
                    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by del
                      I think she showed up in the Teen Titans/Legion crossover that was supposed to kick off the Legion reboot. Didn't she and Bart have to run on the Cosmic Treadmill together for a while? But I don't think I've seen her since. What is her superhero name? Maybe I saw her and didn't recognize her.
                      That was the last time she was seen BEFORE the reboot. I was wondering if she's been seen in Waid and Kitson's reboot version Legion.

Her Superhero name is XS.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      One of the most jarring, no earth shattering post Crisis changes was turning the Wests from Ward and June Cleaver into totallly dysfunctional nuts. I mean, Wally's dad was a Manhunter plant!!! The Flash comics and esp. New Teen Titans really established the Wests as this wholesome, completely solid middle-class family. Although that sounds bland as can be, it's not very common in comics! In the days before Ma and Pa Kent were allowed to live into modern stories, the Wests were about the only parents that were completely normal!!!

Neither Waid or Johns really touched on the messed-up Wests that Messner-Loebs loved to use. To be honest, I often felt like I was reading "The Mis-Adventures of Kid Flash's Screwup Parents" back then.

Chris

Chris
                      I only seem to remember them from a brief appearance in the Day in the Life issue of New Teen Titans.

Did they even have names other than Mister and Mrs West in this issue?

My understanding is that Wally's parents might have only had about a half dozen appearances pre-Crisis.
                      Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 10, '07, 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

There is a Flash Spectacular from 1978 that really sets up Wally's portrayl in NTT. His issues with retiring as Kid Flash are first brought up, his closeness with his parents is shown, and he graduates high school. I didn't read it until just a few years ago, but Marv Wolfman definitely read this issue when he was plotting out his take on Kid Flash. I think Cary Bates wrote it.

And you're right, the Wests didn't have names Pre-Crisis. But I still liked them better. Of course I hated Baron's "Wally West, Gigilo" characterization too.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

The Flash Spectacular (DC Special Series #11) was one of my favorite Flash comics from that era (I was a big Flash fan back then):

Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎