X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Artwork for Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians DVD

I like this artwork. It has a nice epic, Super-Friendly feel about it. BUT how many things can you find wrong with these pictures?

1. First off, it's based mostly on the Super Friends model sheets. These were abandoned for this season, and the characters were based on the Jose Luis Garcia Lopez style guide artwork.

2. Flash on the front? As filmation batman fan mentioned in an earlier thread, poor Flash barely appears in this season.

3. Batman and Aquaman flying...in space? With the Earth in the background, it makes it look like the JLA satelite just blew up and our boys are gasping their last.

4. What is up with that Wonder Woman on the front? What show is she from?

That all being said, the inconsistencies and out and out wrongness of this art harkens back to a day when each product had it's own look and identity, right or wrong. Before style guide art took over full time. Kind of ironic that a cartoon series that actually used said art for it's visual inspiration would spawn a DVD set that bucks that trend!!!

Chris
    sigpic
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Good point Chris. I'm kind of burned out on this series, the SuperPowers stories were never my favourite to begin with.

Although I do remember being blown away by Crime Alley back then, a story that now wouldn't even be a good episode of TAS.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I built up "The Fear" in my mind over time too. I saw it, taped it, then accidentally recorded over it. I didn't see it for another 15 years until I caught it on Boomerang. It's still far and above most other SF/SP shows, but your'e right, it's not as good as the worst BTAS episode, like "I've Got Batman in my Basement".

Boomerang has really aired this season to death. I'll probably buy it, but moreso just so they'll release the missing SF seasons.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Look at the way they've got Aquaman posed on the back of the DVD. That's kinda funny.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

So,.. When's it come out ?
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎