X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Zubber

Has anyone else experimented with this product yet?

I was taking my regular tour at a Wally's and ran across this stuff in the toy aisle. It appears to be new as I have never seen it or heard of it before.

According to the package one can mix the non toxic two part dough like material and in minutes the dough will turn into rubber. How cool is that?

I bought some to give it a try. I have yet to open mine yet as I just picked it up yesterday. As some of you here know I have been pretty busy supervising "the big move" into my new building. Once I am settled in and all is unpacked I will give it a shot. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this stuff yet?

I have the molds already made up for casting my own custom boots and gloves. I am going to try this product in my molds to see how good it will work. IF it works as good as it sounds this will be awesome for making your own custom items for Mego's.
    Last edited by livnxxxl; Sep 10, '09, 6:48 PM.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Never heard of it. Please post photos and your review of the product.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• livnxxxl
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by jessica
      Never heard of it. Please post photos and your review of the product.
      Hi Jess, Will do on the photos and the review. I will try and get some quick pix up in a few for you to see what the package actually looks like.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

The Amazon reviews are pretty negative:
        Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zubber Starter Set

Still, it may be worth a try. I would question its durability as its promoted as a safe toy.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• livnxxxl
          • Oct 23, 2007

Here ya go guys and gals -

The above is just a refill pack that I bought at Wal-Mart for around $8.00 or so. There are other colors and other kits available. There are also mold sets and larger play sets available. Just for experimental purposes I chose just the refill pack. I compared the refill pack to the larger play set and the only thing different was the larger play set contained molds, a timer and some scoops. All pretty much stuff I figured I could do without for my experimental purposes. The regular play set package was around $17.00 or so if I can remember correctly.

I took pictures of the back of the package as well. I did not think that they turned out as great as I would have liked them to so I went ahead and scanned in the back of the package as well. Here is the scan so that you can see and read the back of the package much better.

In addition you can also go to the web site that is listed on the back of the package. Here is the link. http://www,amazingzubber.com

I will keep updating this thread as I experiment with the product in question. Keep your fingers crossed that this stuff works the way we want it to.
          Last edited by livnxxxl; Sep 10, '09, 7:23 PM.

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

Thats really cool looking. I'm gonna have to look for this stuff. Thanks for posting it D.
            Sammy

Comment

• livnxxxl
              • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
              The Amazon reviews are pretty negative:
              Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zubber Starter Set

Still, it may be worth a try. I would question its durability as its promoted as a safe toy.
              Thank you for passing along the info. I will check out the reviews listed at Amazon. I will still go ahead give it a try since I have already bought some of this and see what happens. I will let everyone know the results of my findings at a later date.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by vulcan2074
                Thats really cool looking. I'm gonna have to look for this stuff. Thanks for posting it D.
                Sammy
                You bet ya Sammy. I am always keeping my ears open and my eyes peeled for something new and hopefully cool for all of my Mego brothers and sisters.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Wouldn't it be great if we could make soft Rubber Heads for Customs...instead of Resin!
                  sigpic

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                    Wouldn't it be great if we could make soft Rubber Heads for Customs...instead of Resin!
                    That is exactly what I had in mind as well. That and making some custom boots and gloves.

I have been secretly experimenting for some time off and on with various products that I have conjured up as well as bought to see if they would do just this. I did not want to post any of my preliminary testing results until AFTER I had something worth while for the community to actually use and benefit from. Nothing like disinformation for the masses.

Now that the "secret" is out and this product just happened to show up. All the better if it really works. I really do hope that it works as I want to make some soft Mego like torsos and heads that have more of a real human feel to them if you will. Other wise it will be back to the drawing board for me so to speak.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 9, 2008

Oh Wow that sounds interesting. LIVNXXXL you have to keep us posted on how this stuff works for heads. I am very curious.
                      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Sounds interesting, let us know how things turn out
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

Looks like fun.

Comment

• mazinz
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2007

Thanks for this post, in my case I would use the stuff to re-create the old 1970's style rubber monster/jigglers. Please post more results as I am very curious about this now
                            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• livnxxxl
                              • Oct 23, 2007

Will do on the updates guys and gals. I will definitely let you know the results of my experiments soon.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎