X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

home for your mummy

Not sure if you guys have seen this kit from mobeius models but I came across it the other week in my local model store, and picked it up, I

haven't started it yet but was wondering if it would be a good accessory for the madmonsters mummy it's 1/8th scale but could still work what do you guys think?
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Wow! That looks super cool!!
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

If the Mego mummy fits it's a supercool display
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Can you show us a pic of a Mego Mummy in there?

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

A t1 mummy would never fit in there; the leg splay would shoot him up and away before you could say karloff.

Comment

• Boris71
            GeekBot' For Life
            • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by rche
            A t1 mummy would never fit in there; the leg splay would shoot him up and away before you could say karloff.
            Have you tried one in there then rche?

I haven't opened the kit yet still too busy with work sadly, and as I work from home I know I would be working on that not paying jobs:( so willl have to wait till the end of th month, then I will give it a try with the Karloff custom I'm working on, using a cast of the kits head I hope

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Boris71
              Have you tried one in there then rche?

I haven't opened the kit yet still too busy with work sadly, and as I work from home I know I would be working on that not paying jobs:( so willl have to wait till the end of th month, then I will give it a try with the Karloff custom I'm working on, using a cast of the kits head I hope
              I am eyeballing the kit. Most mummies you will find are t1. Most t1s have a pretty defined v stance. Aesthetically, I don't think a mego mummy would look good in the sarcophagus as the leg thing is part of the figure for me. Beyond that, the figure that is in there has his feet extremely close together. If that model is in 1:9 scale, the feet are almost on top of each other which, again, would look pretty awkward for a t1 mego.

I do think the Horrible Mummy would look fantastic standing in front of the sarcophagus, or stepping out of it.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

How about making a mold of the sarcophagus and enlarging it to the proper scale?

It would sure beat having to sculpt the thing yourself, although you could do that too.

It's a real nice display piece; very neatly detailed.
                JediJaida

Comment

• Boris71
                  GeekBot' For Life
                  • May 13, 2007

it's 1/8th scale rche thats why I thought it may work, and I Have a stargate ready to be doubled in size from the 6" figures to do, once I get some free time I have a few projects to do, and I may well mould the sarcophagus for the mummy

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎