X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Shoddy flocking on 25th AT Joes

Picked up two of the Man of Action figures yesterday (all I had to choose from) and got a pretty big surprise when I took the figure out. Upon initial viewing he looked pretty descent encased in his plastic insert. But when I took him out to get a better look, I was mortified to see the truly horrid flocking job on his head. Parts of his back head weren't even flocked or so lightly and spotty you could see nothing but the black paint on his head! I decided I had to open the second to see if this was consistant with the first...it was worse. This one didn't even flock his hair all the way to the front of his hair line!!! It was painfully off and made him look pretty cheap so I decided to return that one for a refund. The one I'm keeping will have his head removed in favor of a vintage one. Even with the years (excuse me, DECADES) on that one, it still has three times more flocking than these knock-offs. Well, at any rate the price is worth it for the box and figure from the shoulders down...but the heads? They've got to go!!!
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow that sucks and it explains the low prices
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Well that sucks! That happpened to me once w/ a Timeless collection figure. I called Hasbro and they agreed to replace the figure for me. Is there a phone number on the box?
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Sorry to hear that. The four I have have perfect Hair and beards. Just exchange them.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 18, 2007

All six of the ones I got are fine too. I guess the moral here is slice the tape and check them in the store.
          - Sweep

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Wow. I thought my story was gloomy. Over on one GI Joe forum I visit occassionally a guy wrote that he purchased a Sea Adventurer and it had more stubble than a beard and it was spotty on his face!!! Another guy said he purchased a Black Joe and his hair wasn't flocked AT ALL!!! Only paint!!! I think this is one time when production flaws do NOT increase the value of a figure. The moral is most definitely to cut and check...without question!!! :die:

PS: One massive production flaw on the Black Joe packaging. It says at the bottom "Life-like hair AND beard". Alas this Joe does not come with a beard (except for the talking commander, but you would have to time warp back to the 70's for that). I guess I should preface by stating maybe you don't even get the hair...
            Last edited by MIB41; Aug 11, '07, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎