X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

Proudest Day

My ten year old son gave me one of those proud father days.
    I had purchased a Lot on Ebay in order to get a Thor figure. When it arrived it also contained a Spiderman with broken hand, and a type one robin missing shoes and gloves, and had a frayed cape. My son has watched my hobby closely but has never shown an interest. I bought him some CTV knights for christmas but he put them on a shelf and left them in their boxes.
    When my package came my son asked if he could play with the new Robin and Spiderman..... a nice warm feeling spread though my heart and I told him not only could he play with them, but he could have them, and I would repair his spiderman and look through my parts to repace Robins missing clothes. He snatched up the figures and ran downstairs and promptly started ripping the knights out of their boxes and started waging battles. He even pulled out an old Hulk figure that I forgot that I had given him a few years ago. He made a Proud MEGO dad very happy!!
    When he left tonight to spend the night at his grandmothers he grabbed Spidey and Robin and packed them in his bag......does it get any better than that.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
    My ten year old son gave me one of those proud father days.
    I had purchased a Lot on Ebay in order to get a Thor figure. When it arrived it also contained a Spiderman with broken hand, and a type one robin missing shoes and gloves, and had a frayed cape. My son has watched my hobby closely but has never shown an interest. I bought him some CTV knights for christmas but he put them on a shelf and left them in their boxes.
    When my package came my son asked if he could play with the new Robin and Spiderman..... a nice warm feeling spread though my heart and I told him not only could he play with them, but he could have them, and I would repair his spiderman and look through my parts to repace Robins missing clothes. He snatched up the figures and ran downstairs and promptly started ripping the knights out of their boxes and started waging battles. He even pulled out an old Hulk figure that I forgot that I had given him a few years ago. He made a Proud MEGO dad very happy!!
    When he left tonight to spend the night at his grandmothers he grabbed Spidey and Robin and packed them in his bag......does it get any better than that.
    It took him a while, but it sounds like he's hooked now, congrats
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
      Stays Crunchy in Milk
      • Aug 2, 2004

Great story.
      Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

That's awesome! My son used to be into Megos, but put them away for a while in favor of Star Wars. He got them back out a few days ago, and started putting them back together. He had left them with clothes off and even heads popped off. He started putting them in piles to sort what went with what. When I came in, he had a CTVT pile of bodies, a Doc Mego pile of bodies and an original pile of bodies and was working to sort the heads to the proper bodies. He had them all correct.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

There goes the hobby budget! Now you have to buy two of everything.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

YAY! That's great!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 18, 2007

Proud Dad

Originally posted by megocrazy
              There goes the hobby budget! Now you have to buy two of everything.
              I will gladly do so!!!

Comment

• bobbait
                What, me worry?
                • Jun 9, 2005

to me, that's what it's all about...the kids!!
                sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

it doesnt get any better then that my friend. thats a cool story and made me smile.

Comment

• megojim
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 13, 2001

great story curtis! thanks for sharing
                    -jim
                    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

Great story. Sounds like your son wanted some good 'ol fashioned superheroes. Once he had those, I wouldn't be surprised if decided they neeeded someone to fight and decided to free the knights for that purpose.

Comment

• monkey tennis
                        "Kiss my face."
                        • Jun 8, 2007

That is great,
                        now if only I could convince my daughters that The Thing is cool instead of BRATZ:die:
                        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

that is a good story,it was only a matter of time.Now you both could enjoy the same hobby.Good for you guys
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 18, 2007

Daughter as well

Originally posted by monkey tennis
                            That is great,
                            now if only I could convince my daughters that The Thing is cool instead of BRATZ:die:
                            AH! my Daughter saw my son playing with his megos and now wants the Dorothy, Good witch and Bad witch.....and she is a Bratz fanatic..so there is hope......on that same note...anybody out there want to get rid of any wizard of Oz megos? I find myself in need of three

Originally posted by toys2cool
                            that is a good story,it was only a matter of time.Now you both could enjoy the same hobby.Good for you guys
                            The only one left to convert is my wife...and I think I caught her eyeing Aquaman the other day. Nah she was probably wondering if she threw it out .."would he notice?"
                            Last edited by Fuzzysnail; Aug 9, '07, 3:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail

The only one left to convert is my wife...and I think I caught her eyeing Aquaman the other day. Nah she was probably wondering if she threw it out .."would he notice?"
                              LOL!

you know I don't have any kids yet,but I'm planning to really soon,so when I buy My Ultimate Warrior items,if I see an Item I already have for a cheap price I take it anyway.I tell my wife our kid is going to be a huge Warrior fan,she laughs and calls me a dork and says there's no way our kid is going to like that freak.But when he sees what I collect maybe he will,so that's why I buy some extras just incase
                              so your story gives me a little hope
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎