X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Earliest Micronauts COMIC BOOK memory

Sorry if you feel this should be in Comics but I think most Micronauts fans will look for it in this forum.

The first Micronauts comic I ever bought was issue #4,...errrr, that my Mom bought me. I brought it to school to show my buddies. I pointed out how cool the toys were, how well Baron Karza was drawn, this new character Bug that I had no figure of, and this issue is perhaps the most Endeavor filled issue in the run, (where can I buy an Endeavor toy I wondered back then?), and all my friends would look at were the hot drawings of Marionette.
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

HEY!

The first one I got was #5! Micronauts was the first comic I collected regularly. Took forever to get the first four, since comic shops and back isues weren't a big thing back then.

Don C.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I think Annual #2 was the first one I bought......
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• number 6
        Village Idiot
        • Jul 10, 2003

I'm pretty sure my first Micronauts comic was number 12. Already had several of the toys by then.

I grew up on a farm and I remember at the time I got this comic I had to help my dad out in the almond orchard (this is durning August when it's insanely hot in central California). Every time I took a break (which was as often as I could get away with) I would sit in our van and study that book.

I've had a thing for Michael Golden artwork ever since.

Funny thing, a few years later I was at the grocery store and saw 13 on the rack and it was the direct sale version to boot. Don't know how it got there but I snagged it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Got number one off the rack in Lacon or Roanoke Illinois, forget which town it was.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I remember gettng the first dozen or so issues. Can't remember much about the art or story, though. I was also buying Shogun Warriors and Team america, so my taste as a nine year old is still in question.

I always wondered who the green Bug guy was and I was saddened at the "death" of the short, squat robot with the big red head. I never really connected toys with book, though since they really didn't much look alike to my young eyes.

I may have to go back and pick asome of these up.

Scott
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Orion
              Museum Night Watchman
              • Mar 11, 2008

I remember picking up issue #3 - "Death Duel at Daytona Beach!" Don't remember if it came in a three pack or I got it off the rack as a single issue. I was fond of that issue and enjoyed the art (Michael Golden). The comic made me want the toys - never got that Space Glider as a kid though - but had the Baron Karza, Galactic Warrior, and a couple of Time Travelers with smaller vehicles. (I was probably getting Star Wars figures at the time.)

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 7, 2009

My first was #10. I think my parents bought it for me in a hotel lobby in Wildwood,NJ. I was hooked! No 7-11 around me carried the Micronauts, so I had to patiently wait, until my Dad would drive me to Eldorado Comics in Pennsauken, NJ once a month. I still remember tracking down all those back issues. They were so expensive back then! #1 cost me $8. Now I see them sitting in quarter bins. Sad.
                http://www.statuemarvels.com

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

Issue 12 is the first I got (IIRC)...Where Karza has been already defeated and Acroyear battles Shaitan to the death on Spartak...I was hooked from then on.

Dana
                  "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• MightyMegs
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 5, 2009

Micronauts #3, and I was never the same. #11 almost made my head explode. I thought the Micronauts' story was better than Star Wars... and I loved Star Wars.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

The memory that comes to mind was Acroyear taking his helmet off and he's kind of a monkey looking dude, I didn't see that coming at 7.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

and today you would have seen that coming a mile away?

I actually remember issue number one hitting the racks. My brother was the sci-fi guy and I considered this sci fi so I never really gave it much of a chance. I actually gave away my copy of #1 to a Museum member. Ended up replacing it a few months later.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

As a youngster it really freaked me out to pick up my first MIcronauts comic and see what Acroyer looked like without his armour. I think I was just assuming he looked human or was just robotic like the other Micronauts.

I also thought Bug seemed out of place on the team for some reason.
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 1, 2005

First memory I have of Micronauts comics was issue #7 with Man-Thing on the cover. That was the one that really caught my eye. I read them on and off over the years after that, always loved 'em.

Comment

• Van Hammersly
                              • Apr 22, 2008

What a great topic, johnmiic!

The first issue I picked up was #2. Hooked straight away. Giant lawnmower+toy I owned (Acroyear)=must have. Even as a kid, I knew there was something special about Michael Golden's art, and Bill Mantlo's script really nailed it.

Next thing I knew, I was haunting the back-issue bin at Moondog's Comics in Mount Prospect, Illinois for issue 1. After that, MICRONAUTS was every bit as important to me as THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and FANTASTIC FOUR.

All the issues mentioned in this thread resonate with me and conjure images of incredibly happy moments spent reading those books. Would love it if the rights could be resolved so we could get a collected edition.

Make mine Micronauts! (Sorry, Stan.)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎