Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got pics of these Biblical Action Figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garagesale
    Dept. of Mego Studies
    • Aug 8, 2006

Anyone got pics of these Biblical Action Figures?

I will be so ON THIS, if I can find them in my area!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289689,00.html

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Please title your threads so that people aren't forced to follow a link to find out what you're talking about.

There's a video linked from within that article that shows three of the figures.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

yeah i saw these on the news like a week ago,don't like them
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

Biblical action figures are just boring. Kids are discouraged from using them to act out anything except Bible stories, because it's apparently sacrilegious to dress Jesus up as a ninja and have him dating Barbie. Sure, some Bible stories can hold a kid's attention for about five minutes, but most of them are too short and, let's face it, too damned preachy.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Heh, actually I've never really gotten the point of these either. If I gotten them as a kid they would likely be used as aliens for Star Trek or Greek Mythology characters.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MegoNinja
            Career Member
            • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
            Heh, actually I've never really gotten the point of these either. If I gotten them as a kid they would likely be used as aliens for Star Trek or Greek Mythology characters.
            or characters from the Golden Voyage of Sinbad
            I the Monster Hero

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I've seen pictures of those before. Really ugly cheap looking figures.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Huh? I saw some really awesome Legends Style Figures at our local Christian Book Store a few months back. They were done very well and with great articulation and paint jobs. Not hoaky... I haven't seen them surface anywhere else. I thought they were kinda neat....

-Dave

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by David Lee
                  Huh? I saw some really awesome Legends Style Figures at our local Christian Book Store a few months back.
                  I haven’t seen pictures of any Marvel Legends style figures. The One2believe toys mentioned in the article consist of a few crudely sculpted fashion dolls of Jesus and Ester and big vinyl figures of Samson. The Samson figure looks squat and poorly articulated with only a few cut style joints.

In my opinion they are just very ugly and cheap looking toys. Certainly WAY below the various Mego knock off Biblical figures. Most of which were quite nice.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

I wasn't too impressed about the new figures........but I still like Bibleman I have the action figure somewhere in my collection this is from the video game my son has the figures in his room he even had the costume and all of the videos ...I even went to see his live soldout show a few years back.....Willie Aimes was Bibleman.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎