X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

EMCE knee pins

This may have been asked before,I just don't feel like sifting through a bunch of pages to look. How easy is it to remove the knee pins on EMCE figures?
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Pretty easy. Go to the custom section where the knee pin tutorial is. It will show you the easiest way to remove a knee pin.

Oh, when you put the new one in, tighten it up with a pair or short pliers until you hear it click into place.
    JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Jaida is speaking (I think) of Dr. Mego's repro China-made pins, which are in two parts. They come in a Caucasian tone & are excellent for repairing vintage figures.

But for Doc's repro bodies, also used in Emce figs, the legs are cast in rubbery vinyl & the knee pins are one solid piece running through the knee joint.

By soaking the leg in hot (near boiling) water for 20-30 seconds, you can pop these Emce knee pins in & out.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        But for Doc's repro bodies, also used in Emce figs, the legs are cast in rubbery vinyl & the knee pins are one solid piece running through the knee joint.

By soaking the leg in hot (near boiling) water for 20-30 seconds, you can pop these Emce knee pins in & out.

I have noted the wrist, elbow, and ankle pins on the new EMCE bodies are fairly fragile. It is easy to knock off one of the 'nubs' that hold the pin in the joint. Not sure if this applies to knees as I have not tried to remove one of them, but I would still proceed with care and tlc.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

The Emce wrists are indeed fragile, I snapped one.

The knees seem OK, though.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Pretty easy. Go to the custom section where the knee pin tutorial is. It will show you the easiest way to remove a knee pin.

Oh, when you put the new one in, tighten it up with a pair or short pliers until you hear it click into place.
            I cant find this Knee Pin tutorial,..can you send me a quick link to it??? Thanks!
            Ray

Comment

• timb
              Will Draw for Toys
              • May 1, 2009

I think this is the one...CustoMego

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎