X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Space Warriors

I love knockoffs, these "Alien Warriors" and "Fighters from Afar" from Tomland (which was part of Marx) went by a lot of names. "Star Raiders", "Creatures from Other Worlds", "Famous Monsters of Legend", the Wards catalog gave them the "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" name of "Kantina Kooks"!
    Note how much "Flash" (bottom middle) resembles a certain wookie.....
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

yeah I love those aliens to,those things are bad.Only $10 for 6,what a deal
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

When I was a kid I used to LOVE the generic cheapie figures. Super-weird designs, and they didn't already have a story attached to them. I remember finding these guys at a toy store when I was a kid; a little place in the Yorkdale Eaton's center. Bought a bunch, and they became the main bad guys for my Megos for a LONG time!

Nowadays I've been putting the heads on proper T2 Mego bods, with custom hands and feet as neccessary. They really were fantastic figures. Pity they were made so cheap.

Still need Ah and Yick though.....

Don C.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 18, 2007

The Monsters of Legend line which included the Morlock from the Time Machine, The Fly, the Cyclops from 7th Voyage of Sinbad, and the Yeti all came out BEFORE Star Wars. They were reissued in the Star Raiders line with different names to help flesh it out. Star Raiders had a Chewbacca knock off, a Darth Vader knock off and a human figure that were the hardest to find. I used to hate the fact that they did not come with weapons so I corrected the problem by stealing all the guns out of the large Star Wars Jawa figures! I don't have any of the Star Raiders from my childhood but I still have about 12 of those Jawa rifles!
        - Sweep

Comment

• tmthor
          God of Knock-offs
          • Nov 29, 2005

I love the 3 1/4" tomland space lines

I noticed not a lot of Knock Offs any more was waiting throughout the Star Wars Prequils & the Transformers Movie but not much man IThe days of stores having KO toys are done (Ames,Caldor, Bradlees, Zayre & Good ole Woolworth's)
          Last edited by tmthor; Aug 7, '07, 2:44 PM.

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

i like those aliens . too bad they could make some cool star trek villans. mike

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

Ah, good ol' Tomland critters....

Originally posted by Sweep Secondhand
              The Monsters of Legend line which included the Morlock from the Time Machine, The Fly, the Cyclops from 7th Voyage of Sinbad, and the Yeti all came out BEFORE Star Wars. They were reissued in the Star Raiders line with different names to help flesh it out. Star Raiders had a Chewbacca knock off, a Darth Vader knock off and a human figure that were the hardest to find. I used to hate the fact that they did not come with weapons so I corrected the problem by stealing all the guns out of the large Star Wars Jawa figures! I don't have any of the Star Raiders from my childhood but I still have about 12 of those Jawa rifles!
              The human character was called Dral. Back when I was actively collecting Tomland figures, he was one of the few who eluded me. Tomland also had a C-3PO knockoff named Zing. I never had any of these as a kid, but I remember seeing the original four figures (The Fly, the Morlock, the Cyclops, and the Yeti) on the "Famous Monsters of Legend" cards. It wasn't until I got a computer in 1998 that I finally started buying these guys. They're great toys, although it's frustrating to put a complete set together, especially if you want a complete set of the glow-in-the-dark versions.
              George

Comment

• The Sentry
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 3, 2007

I have the yeti and I need some parts to finish the cyclops but I loved these guys! I had the whole lot! But I was hard as hell on em! Hence needing the parts! Wow does that bring back memories!
                sigpic
                http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• megoat
                  A Therefore Experience
                  • Jun 10, 2003

These are simply some of the best figures ever. I have about 10 of 'em. They embody everything I love about vintage toys. The fact that they are cheaply made is the exact reason they are so cool. I didn't know that Tomland was a part of Marx......

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

I sold the fly and Yeti to Takeshi, leader of defunt COCOBAT rock group.
                    145.00 & 135.oo dollars in 1993
                    he has one of the biggest Monster collections in the world.
                    he sent me a box Combat joe Godzilla suite for a complete Japaese G.I.Joe.

On the rest of the my star raiders I strip the crappy outfits and dress then in star trek uniforms .

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎