Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worst thing that ever happened to your Mego?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

What's the worst thing that ever happened to your Mego?

Hello everyone,

I have broken a few Mego since I started collecting, nothing major though. I broke the knee pin's of my Fonzie mego after about 10 seconds of owning one, as soon as I opened the parcel and took him out I heard some bit's of plastic fall on the floor and I checked to see it was his knee pin's. Aside from that the only other real damage I did was my Potsie mego (Happy days must be accident prone) fell in my fish tank by accident.

I havent broken any thing too valuable yet, but my question is has any one caused some serious damage to their collection? Such as accidently sitting on a carded figure? Or accidently ripped the cello from a boxed Mego? Or worse yet broken the mask of a RM robin?
    I the Monster Hero
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

The worst that happened to me was when I received my kiss Peter his arms were bent,I tried to straighten them out and bam!! both broke
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

elastic superman + leak = new kind of mouse trap
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• saildog
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 9, 2006

Well, I was a kid when this happened and even though it was 30+ years ago, I still remember the incident. I tied a string around the chest and under the arms of my removable cowl Batman. When it was secured, I began swinging him around as if he were flying. Had a blast swinging him and spinning myself around and then, "WHACK!"...Batman hit the swing set and the elastic snapped. He feel to pieces. Didn't know he could be repaired and he found his way into the trash and I moved on to the T2 Batman. Wish I would have known to at least keep the parts.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
          Aside from that the only other real damage I did was my Potsie mego fell in my fish tank by accident.
          I won't even ask how something like that happens.

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

A few months back I laid out my loose Megos for a friend we went would and we wound up going "old school" with them.
            Thank god the Supergirl I had the time was repro was her arm got cracked and her hand broke. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it provided boith reason to geta real Supergirl and I wound up using on of her feet on a broken Invisible Girl I purchashed. Got a great deal on I-Girl and she's all original save that foot. Even reusued the orginal Mego pin.
            As far as childhood, no one incident stands out. There were plenty of horrible moments when I knew someone's knee pin gave way or their leg broke. As far as abuse, my Trek figures took most of it. I'd pile them into this blue Jeep, and proceed to run the Jeep into a tree, "Captain, we're gonna crash!".

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

I've been fortunate enough to never have anything break. The worst thing happening so far is having to box 'em all up and not having them on display anymore
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                Stays Crunchy in Milk
                • Aug 2, 2004

From childhood:

My little brother threw my Lizard out the window of the car. Busy traffic and Mom wouldn't go back

Day one after the good fortune of buying 10 comic action heroes for $5 and my Aquaman's leg breaks off the first time I moved it.
                Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• MegoNinja
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
                  From childhood:

My little brother threw my Lizard out the window of the car. Busy traffic and Mom wouldn't go back

Day one after the good fortune of buying 10 comic action heroes for $5 and my Aquaman's leg breaks off the first time I moved it.
                  speaking of CAH I should add that recently while moving my CAH Hulk I snapped his right arm off. I was very suprised at how weak the joint was and mostly, very angry for touching it in the first place!
                  I the Monster Hero

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

about 10 years ago i had a robin really tight joints , his leg broke when i bent them. not too bad. mike

Comment

• wyatterb
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 2, 2001

After Robin's leg broke in 1979 it was glued back in place. The problem was that glue got in the knee joint and the Boy wonder way stuck in a running position for many months. Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of villain than to see the boy wonder with his foot hanging out over the front of the batmobile since that was the only way he could fit. A pair of pliers fixed the problem, followed by another glue treatment, this time without frozen knee syndrome.

Comment

• Surfsup
                        Silver Chrome Dome
                        • Dec 2, 2005

The leg of a Palitoy Torch I got recently broke in the package, my heart sank and it's still trying to find it's way back up. One of the cons of collecting packaged figures unfortunately.

I also had a 77 Riddler turn up with a broken leg a few months back. I think somebody's trying to test me .

Comment

• monkey tennis
                          "Kiss my face."
                          • Jun 8, 2007

Hulk...Knees
                          Batman...Black biro, he wanted a beard.
                          Action-Man...fingers nice and chewy
                          "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• DocDrako
                            Formerly Doc Drako
                            • Nov 11, 2004

When I first started collecting as an adult, and I had about 7 Megos, my cousin Jason became interested in Megos. He really wanted to play with them so I got them out. He was about 10 years old I think. Anyways, as we were playing, I heard this 'snap'. I looked at Jason and he was holding my Luke Duke, who was now missing half a leg. The leg had broken at the knee. Jason felt bad, I was a little bummed, but in the end, it was no big deal. I just repaired the leg at a later date. That's the worst thing that happened to my Megos.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• The Sentry
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 3, 2007

I was little when I started collecting Megos so alot happens ya know?
                              I took clothes off of them and never put them back on and forgot about it and my wonderful sister threw out most of the clothing and peices. God, I could strangle her now! She walked into my room a few days ago and was in shock, she even said, "Didn't I throw them away?" I just smiled and said, "Yeah, they came back from the dead to torment you, and they're coming after your Peter Criss doll for vengance of the fallen comrades you banished to trash land!"

She really didn't have much to say. But my neice did say she didn't see Peter Criss where she had placed it for years so yeah you know she's scared of the evil mego curse.
                              sigpic
                              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎