X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toy Talk
    Old and out of touch
    • Aug 7, 2009

Sharing my collection

My wife and I recently added a new addition to our family -- a baby girl. That makes six children total, which meant it was time to convert the den into a baby room. I was happy to do the deed, but felt the vintage toys needed one last hoopla before being sent to the dark beyond; otherwise knows as storage in my basement. So before they take a temporary dark nap I thought it nice to take a family photo. Here they are in all their glory. Say goodnight Irene!

Last edited by Toy Talk; Aug 14, '09, 10:04 AM. Reason: I figured out the pictures
    "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."
  • Hotfoot
    Dazed and Confused
    • Dec 30, 2007

Nice collection. I gave up my room for my baby girl 5 years ago. So I built one in the attic along with a window, electricity, TV and AC!
    Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Toy Talk
      Old and out of touch
      • Aug 7, 2009

Great Idea

We happen to have an unused, unfinished attic. The thought of converting it never crossed my mind. You rule! If my wife doesn't go for the thought, I will tell her it was your idea. :-)
      Last edited by Toy Talk; Aug 14, '09, 9:55 AM. Reason: removing photon

Comment

• jasonmego1277
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 9, 2008

Great Stuff ! It's awesome to see people's Collections. I sadly do not have a Toy/ Collectible room yet. I used to have a sports room, but that went bye bye when My wife got pregnant. We bought a house and because it's Florida we do not have that type of Attic, nor a basement to finish over or convert. We have a spare room but my wife is determined that must stay a guest bedroom...... Sigh ......Someday..... just maybe the next house will give me that room. In the Meantime I am working on a virtual toyroom online. Either via Photobucket or a cool website.
        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Toy Talk
          Old and out of touch
          • Aug 7, 2009

Toy Room

Take a deep breath, stand up tall, and stick out your chest. Tell your wife that the guest room is now your room! Then you should prepare to sleep in it, because that is probably the only bed you'll be allowed in.

Good luck with that virtual toy room. Pop me a link if you stand a web site up so I can take a look.

I am still taking pictures of what is going into the great abyss called rubbermaid, so check back if you like.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by Toy Talk
            Take a deep breath, stand up tall, and stick out your chest. Tell your wife that the guest room is now your room! Then you should prepare to sleep in it, because that is probably the only bed you'll be allowed in.

Good luck with that virtual toy room. Pop me a link if you stand a web site up so I can take a look.

I am still taking pictures of what is going into the great abyss called rubbermaid, so check back if you like.

LOL ! The last time I did that I lost the garage to her garden crap. LOL ! I can only imagine what will happen with my collections. Partyly why they are all out of the house and in storage. This way , The kids and prying eyes cannot tear it up.
            In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• kryptosmaster
              Removed.
              • Jun 14, 2008

All my Megos and other stuff had/has been in boxes for the last 20 years due to children mostly (enough room was a factor as well) up until last summer. I finally started to dig out my stuff and Megos and display them again. That got me back into collecting Megos and joining this forum. I have way too much stuff now, LOL.
              It's a disease. Someday you'll be able to dig your stuff out again and it'll be like it never went away.
              Also welcome to the Museum.
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎