Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldenarm80
    • Jan 30, 2009

I just bought my 1st Phantom!!!!

I am new to the forum, my name is Ivan but I go by goldenarm (favorite kung fu movie growing up was the Kid with the Goldenarm) I discovered this website by accident and I have been hooked ever since. So this led me to buy a couple of the Classic TV Toys, Black Knight, 1 of the madclowns and the Mummy. This only fed my hunger and I found Capt. Kirk at a comic shop across the street from the Empire State Building for $14.99. Then I kept reading about castawaytoys....whoa! I had to buy The Phantom, I just got it last week and I am blown away by the detail and the outfit, now I have to get Achmed! Next paycheck, I dont want the wife beefing, LOL!

Now here is a question, if someone can answer? Where can I find Captian Action? Midtown Comics has the bad guy... forgive me for not knowing his name, but no Catain Action. Also, I searched around and saw he made some other MEGO like figures. Fighting Yank I believe is his name and Black something .....forgive me again. Is it possible to find these action figures? I cannot afford the vintage Mego action figures... they are way to expensive on ebay, so maybe I can find some kool MEGO like figures without breaking the bank. By the way I have seen Captneli's figures, he needs to put out Sea Ghost, hot! I saw that DC will have Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Superman and some others coming out in the fall. So I will keep my eyes open for these! I am sorry I kept rambling on, but I was excited to see there is a MEGO community!
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

welcome ivan, scifigenre.com has Cap Action i think. good luck on your megohunting

Comment

• 60'schild
      Silver Haired Silver Ager
      • Mar 27, 2009

Welcome aboard Ivan! Always glad to see another CA fan!! (And I agree with you about Sea Ghost... like I want that one yesterday!! )

Comment

• Toy Talk
        Old and out of touch
        • Aug 7, 2009

Captain Action Desperation

Hi Ivan and welcome. I am new to the forum as well, but like yourself I can not believe how great it is to have all of the folks here to share my passion.

Cast-A-Way toys was a new find recently for me as well. It took over a month to find a Captain Action; my search ended yesterday right here on this forum. Most stores are sold out and have been for a while. Now the item appears to be passed through collectors only. If I had an extra it would be yours my friend.

I will keep searching for you. If I manage to find another, what is the top price you can go without your wife giving you a vasectomy with a cement block?
        "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Congrats! I saw those in the market place, they lasted about 6 minutes!
          That makes us feel really good to know that collectors own these and for the most part KEEP them Kinda rare these days...

-Dave

Comment

• goldenarm80
            • Jan 30, 2009

Whoa! Thanks for the responses guys! It is awesome to see everyone is so kool on this website. I will keep searching for Captain Action, I wont spend more then $40 for him without getting the snip snip. LOL! Hopefully Castaway gets more. Hey Castaway get us Fighting Yank back, Please!

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome to the Museum Ivan. I too am a Fan of The Shaw Bros movie Kid with the Golden Arm. A true Kung Fu Classic. The Shaw Bros made some off my all time favorite movies
              Sammy

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Hi Ivan! Welcome to the Mego community. You'll find this board engaging and educating as well. Glad to have you!

Comment

• goldenarm80
                  • Jan 30, 2009

Hey Vulcan I grew up on Kung Fu classics, How about Chinese Super Ninjas and The Mystery Of Chess Boxing? Also one of the all time great movies was Shaolin vs Lama.
                  My childhood consists of Kung Fu movies, MEGO, Gi Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, Comic Books (Captain America, X-Men, Teen Titans, Batman and The Outsiders, Punisher War Journal, Dare Devil and Spider Man) Sega Master System and Nintendo and getting into HEATED discussions of who would win in a fight! Remember those people? Terminator vs Robo Cop, Superman vs The Hulk, Michael Meyers vs Jason Vorhees and Steven Segal vs Jean Claude Van Dam. LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎