X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Female body options?

Ok, I'm looking to do my first custom using a female body. What are my viable options here? I want a body that is in proper Mego scale, and with hands capable of holding pistols.

I could use a classic Mego female like Dorothy, but I know I suspect the hands won't work.

I think I remember hearing that some folks are using the Breyer horse figures. How do these compare sizewise? And do they have hands that would work for me?

Are there other options? CTVT maybe?

With all the female "fashion dolls", I would think that there would be something else in 8" scale. Even if the figure itself might not work, if there is something mainstream that is a good source for clothing, I'd be interest in hearing about that too.
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Breyer chicks are Taller than Mego.
    Your Male figures will look as if an Amazon is Amung them.
    .. However ,.. if that is a Minoote opinion with you,.. then they are cool.
    I like the Breyer chick's hands..., they Grip Guns & Swords pretty Damn Cool ! ... & Can be interchanged with Mego 8inch Chicks & the New Doc Mego Body .

... I'd just stay away from the CTVT Female Body,.. But thier clothes are very nice.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I made a mod of the regular female hand with a slightly repositioned thumb. Easy to do and let's them hold stuff like guns and swords.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Hopefully we will get a better option from Zica or Castaway. Mego's sucked.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• stuart
          Hi-Yo Silver Away!
          • Jun 18, 2007

The CTVT female body will most likely be broken when it arrives. Out of five that I have ordered, I have been able to piece together two that are complete bodies. The Mego bodies are much better quality, but they might as well not have hands - they're so small. They won't hold anything.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎