X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

body by boss

or... what I did on my summer vacation. here is a new muscular body I've been working on since Megomeet (darklord's Penguin body inspired me to get off my butt and finish it). I painted it in gold to check for some detail imperfections. My hope is to cast these in a flesh tone. I'm also working on a skinny body in the same scale.

And in case you're wondering the arm is swappable... that's why I've only made one (by using the castaway arm as the base, I was able to sculpt a more muscular arm that works on either the right or left side). here are the rest of the details (these same details will apply for the skinny body, too)...

It's in scale with a mego 8" body (shown on the right in the first picture with a castaway body on the left). The torso is modilfied from a wrestling figure. It has a neck hole that will accept mego heads. it has arm holes that will accept mego/castaway arms. It will be strung like a mego t2 (hopefully). It uses standard mego connector pins (knees, elbows, feet, hands, hips). And yes, they will eventually be for sale.

I sculpted a new muscular leg on top of a t2 base.

I sculpted a new muscular arm on a castaway arm. A standard t2 mego arm or a flattworld arm will also work.

and you can't forget the superbulge.

Fresh, not from concentrate.
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

That looks great Bryan.

Comment

• JMC
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 3, 2004

Nice work, looks like it will be a winner.

Comment

• Megospidey
        Museum Webslinger
        • Jul 26, 2006

Looking good boss...can't wait to see the skinny body

Comment

• Jerry68
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 12, 2008

Great job! I look forward to your sales of this.
          sigpic

Comment

• 60'schild
            Silver Haired Silver Ager
            • Mar 27, 2009

Looks great! Visually has some similarities to the new ZICAtoys (Type Z) body protos we've seen, but with even more muscle.

Comment

• supes
              For the love of Mego's!
              • Jan 19, 2004

I will pick some up for sure! Looks great!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Fan - friggin - tastic work Bryan, I can see a lotta custom superheroes in the future using that body
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Very Nice! Are the Torsos hollow...or will they have to be drilled out?
                  sigpic

Comment

• boss
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                    Very Nice! Are the Torsos hollow...or will they have to be drilled out?

The torso will have to be drilled out. But I get the fun task of doing that.

Comment

• Megospidey
                      Museum Webslinger
                      • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by 60'schild
                      Looks great! Visually has some similarities to the new ZICAtoys (Type Z) body protos we've seen, but with even more muscle.
                      Hmmm....they look nothing alike to me.

Comment

• 60'schild
                        • Mar 27, 2009

They definitely look like they're on a continuum to me ... both really nice designs but with some key differences!

Anyway ...

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

I think the main difference is that I tried to make these as "mego-y" as possible. After assembling bodies for the past year with parts from various sources, I was looking to simplify the process.

I also felt some of the parts I'd used before were over-sculpted (i.e. too much definition). I've tried to give my parts a more natural look. I really looked at Black Kryptonite's legs for inspiration (not his real legs, but the ones he sells). He seemed to get the less is more approach I was going for. So with several months of work I was able to create a similar leg to his. From there I just kept going. Black Knight has a tremendous torso (again, not his but the one he sells) that I've used for several customs. I found a similar torso on a wrestling figure and modified it to accept mego neck plugs and shoulder joints.

All of my parts are made to be swappable with a t2 mego (i.e.. any individual part can be swapped with it's mego counterpart and work).

Once my "skinny body" is done it will work the same way. I could see some customs (like Flash) that would want bulkier legs but a leaner torso.

the big test will be how it strings together. my plan is to use t2 rubberbands to attach the limbs. If I've measured correctly, it will be a nice tight posable figure.

Comment

• 60'schild
                            • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by boss
                            All of my parts are made to be swappable with a t2 mego (i.e.. any individual part can be swapped with it's mego counterpart and work).
                            Definitely a key difference (I was mainly referring to appearance, not construction).

Looking forward to seeing/hearing the progress on these!!

Comment

• Megospidey
                              Museum Webslinger
                              • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by 60'schild
                              They definitely look like they're on a continuum to me ... both really nice designs but with some key differences!

Anyway ...
                              Not trying to start an argument with ya brother...you are certainly entitled to your opinion

They just look like two entirely different bodies to me. The chests, pelvis, legs, the body shapes.

Now if by similar you mean they are both 8 inches, then I agree with you there

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎