X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkeyboy
    Museum Patron
    • Jul 31, 2007

whats next relaunch

Well they redid dr who,galactica whats net? the v?buck rogers? space 1999?lost in space?i'd love to see all but space 1999 would be sweet!lookin forwards to flash gordon and bionicwoman!but still like cheesy drumbeat to old show!music was cool!
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

It's only a matter of time until EVERYTHING you can remember gets redone. Even "Mann and Machine."

*shudder*

Don C.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Holmes and YoYo: THE MOTION PICTURE

starring.......

Vin Diesel as Homes

and

Jackie Chan as the lovable --- rip-off of Get Smart's Hymie--- YOYO

Comment

• jemboy2004
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2005

hmm maybe with all the successs they can re-make Supergirl. I can dream, can't I?

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>maybe with all the successs they can re-make Supergirl.

THIS one is inevitable!

Don C.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Sci-fi channel looks to be screwing up Flash Gordon next. From what I've heard Ming is blond with a full head of hair.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by monkeyboy
              Well they redid dr who,galactica whats net? the v?buck rogers? space 1999?lost in space?i'd love to see all but space 1999 would be sweet!lookin forwards to flash gordon and bionicwoman!but still like cheesy drumbeat to old show!music was cool!
              Doctor Who hasn't technically been "redone"...Just re-started, Lost in Space has been "redone" in film form...I'd love to see a well-redone Space:1999.

Buck Rogers has a had several "lives" already (in comic, movie serial and TV series forms)...There is life before and beyond Gil Gerard, you know?

Star Trek may even be redone, who knows (especially if the upcoming "prequel" film is a big hit). As long as TV/Film re-dos/reimaginings/revisions are redone great, I don't see a problem. If they come out bad, they can always be improved upon next time...There are no guarantees.

TV series and films are fiction and just like classic written fiction (Shakespeare, Poe, Stoker's Dracula, Shelly's Frankenstein, Hugo's Hunchback, etc, etc...), they have been and/or probably will be reinterpreted many times over .

Dana
              Last edited by danadoll; Aug 5, '07, 12:41 PM.
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Steeler80
                Mayor of Strunk
                • Jun 29, 2001

I'd like to see a well-done Space: 1999 remake as well. Unfortunately, well-done is the operative word here.

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

I am still surprised and shocked that nobody did anything with Space:1999 back in the actual year of 1999!!??
                  I would have thought that one a no-brainer.

As for "whats next", I had heard they made a new A-Team pilot/mini-series that is supposed to air some time this August. I havent heard anything further though?

I even heard tell of a Simon and Simon remake being pitched that had Rick and AJ as sisters (of the family type, not nuns!.....although that would be different!).

I would also like to add my vote to a Homes and YoYo remake. Sadly, it would probably end up as a bad movie starring Adam Sandler as Holmes and Kevin James as Yoyo!!!
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Still waiting for the Hoff to get back together with K.I.T.T.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

The man from Alantis!
                      sigpic

Comment

• monkeyboy
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jul 31, 2007

re old shows

I know they have supergirl in smallville!didnt they remake knight rider in few tv movies?never heard of some of shows mentioned! i think the hold up on space 1999 would be expensive budget it would take for series! and god no dont mess up flash that way!that main guy they hired comes across to arrogant hafta wait and see!man from atlanis could be done again!

Comment

• Surfsup
                          Silver Chrome Dome
                          • Dec 2, 2005

I'm surprised they haven't done a remake of Thunderbirds for TV. I'm hoping the dreadful movie hasn't scuppered any chance of that.

Comment

• monkeyboy
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jul 31, 2007

unfortunitly

Originally posted by Surfsup
                            I'm surprised they haven't done a remake of Thunderbirds for TV. I'm hoping the dreadful movie hasn't scuppered any chance of that.
                            Too bad that most americans first and only exposure to thunderbirds was that horid horid movie!dont think you will see any new thunderbirds here!the mod squad,movie was bad too!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎