X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

The Vigilante (work in progress)

I have been tweaking this guy for awhile. I think I am going to slap on a pair of regular Mego jeans. The ones I got on him at the moment are repainted plastic cowboy jeans from some Wyatt Earp figure.
    My daughter seems to have taken an interest in this guy since the JLU cartoon so I have been playing around with cheap stuff from the Classic TV Toys website.

Thoughts?

This cowboy hat is now gone. I found some small velvet white hats at a hobby store. Once I get done propping them, I am going to repost.

The pants are definitely gone.

I am still not happy with him...

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

The repainted plastic pants definitely have to go, the hat I don't mind so much
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Belt's kinda up in Fred Mertz territory.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spotter
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 6, 2008

Go with the white cowboy hat from cast a way it make the hero pop but his belt is on backwards ( bullet loops are always in the rear buckle in the front so you can re load on your belly in a shoot out with the bad guys)

CTVT used to have White suits which would give you the right type of pants ( or you can buy a Fonzie in the white outfit too)
        Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Castaway made some really nice cowboy parts that are perfect for Vigilante. My kids also really like him after JLU. He's one of the first pulled out of my case when they play.

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
            Museum Gunslinger
            • Oct 15, 2007

awesome! I'm always glad to see customs of The Vigilante, He's one of my faves
            -Will
            NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Well, he is almost done. Got a new hat and Mego jeans on him. Should have pix up soon. Just touching him up.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                • Oct 8, 2007

Good move on switching the pants. The ones in the pics look like those crappy rain suit pants your mom made you wear on camping trips. I think an actual cowboy hat would look more like the character, it's the brim being flat that troubles me. Can't wait to see him in his new dudes. I think Jeans may be a great way to go, but didn't he wear white pants?
                "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                  Good move on switching the pants. The ones in the pics look like those crappy rain suit pants your mom made you wear on camping trips. I think an actual cowboy hat would look more like the character, it's the brim being flat that troubles me. Can't wait to see him in his new dudes. I think Jeans may be a great way to go, but didn't he wear white pants?
                  It really varied from artist to artist. I saw him in white and blue in one or two old books back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎