Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FastDog40
    • Mar 3, 2007

BigJim

Whats up all....from my user name you know im a child of 1970.I had alot of bigjim items.I remeber putting the camper in front of evel knievels van.that way he had two campers to jump.Tell me one of your adventures.
    thanks fastdog40.need to change to fastdog41.(lol)
  • Grendel
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 21, 2006

Zorak. Rules.

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

i didnt have big jim when younger but i got his camper a few months ago at a local flea market for 2 bucks. missing accessories but still cool. mike

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 18, 2007

I never really got in to the sports stuff but the PACK ruled! I don't know if Mattel intended it or not but that whole line had a great vigilante feel too it that fit perfectly with a lot of the 70's films. I was fortunate enough to get the first four figures and the Beast truck the Christmas they came out and I had hours of fun with them. The only down sides I remember were that the hads did not hold accessories well and I lost a lot of the Whip's stuff in the first few days because they were small. It was too little too late to save the Big Jim line but I had fun while it lasted!
        - Sweep

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

When I was a kid, all I had was Big Jack (black figure). Now I have the camper (minus the boat and oar) w/ accessories, tent w/ accessories, 2 Big Jims, Big Jack, Big Josh, Big Jeff, Dr. Steel (I had to perform surgery since his "steel" hand broke and now he has a plain hand). I'm not really into PACK but I have 2 figures, The Whip, (which I renamed Big John, funny how they never had that name), and Warpath, (which I renamed BlackHawk). My kids have had these guys go up against Bigfoot, tigers, gorillas, aliens, and Big Jim's evil twin! Fun stuff!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I've got great memories of Big Jim and a descent collection as well. Here's a brief preview:

Big Jim (in first and second edition boxes)
            Big Josh (Boxed and complete)
            Big Jeff (loose but complete with assessories and mattel adhesive tag around wrist)
            Big Jack (loose but complete)
            Dr. Steel (in first edition box, complete)
            Zorak (complete with box)
            Torpedo Fist (loose but complete)
            Big Jim Commander (loose but complete)
            Camper (complete with box)
            The Beast (complete with box) Very cool, even to this day.

Off brand character: Tarzan with ape. This was essentially a Big Jeff with his hair painted black. When I originally got him as a kid, he and the ape were actually encased in plastic on card with Jack Kirby artwork if I recall correctly. Then again it might have been Joe Kubert's work. Well, at any rate it was neat packaging but, alas, it did not survive the years. Just the figure and ape. Pretty rare from what I've seen. Yeah, those were all good times!

Comment

• brannon86
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jul 20, 2007

BJ

Big Jim was so cool. I remember getting the original one with red shorts back in 74. I got a few outfits for him, like the soccer one, the scuba one, the karate one, and some others. I had the camper, the lazer vette with the trailor and motor cycle. I also loved the PACK series. I had the Big Jim Pack leader also.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

We discussed Big Jim before in here......

Big Jim is Perhaps my second favorite line next to Mego.As a Kid I always liked the Idea of having an action figure where I could change the clothes and have different adventures with them. I had numerous ones I enjoyed buying the adventure outfits and had the Camper. My only dissapointment with Big Jim is that he was

Comment

• brannon86
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 20, 2007

BJ

Oh yes, I also got (back in the day) a Big Jim TARZAN figure with the jungle cat. I heard those are really rare these days..

Comment

• csxernie
                    choochooU grad
                    • Aug 8, 2007

who is this big jim guy i bought with real hair?

hey everyone,
                    bought a lot of 70's action figures. one of them is a big jim from Mattel with life like hair and face looks similar to big jim. i had alot of big jim stuff in the 70's but i don't remember him. any help?
                    Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.

Comment

• LadyZod
                      Superman's Gal Pal
                      • Jan 27, 2007

I love Big Jim. Have a bunch of stuff. Need to find room to display them all.

As for the life-like hair Big Jim....

Are you sure it's a Big Jim? Could it be Sport & Shave Ken (1979)?

I got one for my collection, since they used the Big Jim arms on him. (Kinda funny, if you can imagine a large 11 inch Ken doll, with arms scaled for a 10 inch figure.)

For pic: http://www.manbehindthedoll.com/sportandshave.htm
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                      Check out my art:
                      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎